Looking for potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a velodyne spl-800 amp with a bad volume pot. It's a 20k 1/2 watt, half inch diam. pcb mount pot. I've removed it and all that's written on the back is "20k" and "282F" i've searched through all the major electronics suppliers (mouser, digikey, electronix express, jameco) and I cant seem to find anything that is the same size and specs. I've got a pic of the pot on the board here, but I dont yet have a pic of it out of the board. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. also, before anyone asks, I know its a bad pot because a. it has no continuity, and b. when I jumper a pot in the amp works fine.
in any case, thanks for any help you guys can provide.

well alps has one that will work. sadly, they only sell in packages of 100, and their "request samples" link is dead (what is it with these electronics companies and dead links), so I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see if they can do anything for me.

Pot replacement

In place of a 20K audio taper volume pot, you can put in a 47K linear with a 10K resistor between the wiper and the ground end to give it a taper.

Also, when replacing PCB mount pots, just worry about cramming something in the panel without worrying about the wiring. Then run wires to the holes in the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.