IC version of UCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And the schematic

Attachments

• pwm_amp_comp2.jpg
    pwm_amp_comp2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,814
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi Sander,

Today, If someone don't know UcD schematic, and they find and N-Fets and some transistors,and they create and self oscillatings class-d, then the result of course an UcD.

If someone don't know your schematic, and they find and N-Fets and Op Amp, and mosfet driver,and they create and self oscillatings class-d, then the result of course like yours.

The point is thanks to the people to the brilliant concept. They tell us the concept then suddenly we make lots of clones!

Good point Kartino.

Additionaly it is such a solide and simple concept that it's virtually ideal for people to begin experimenting with, who may not have the money to buy the real thing or perhaps just want to try and learn what it's all about.

If that's the case it's absolutely the best to start with a proven concept.

That said, Anantha, start doing some research, build it, listen to it, try and find where it's deficiencies lie and then work on improving it. All you've got there is a very preliminary simulation, and still have a long way to go.

The kind of question you asked shows a lack of effort on your part, dig up the gate drivers respective data sheets, compare their specs, and make yourself an informed decision as to which would work best and then make it happen.

Regards,
Chris

anant_narayan said:
Thanks everybody, special thanks to SSassen i followed his thread to identify the comparator with logic outputs (LT1016) and
any way these gate drivers are same as in the IRAUDIO1 amplifier. I have no time now to construct this amp, probably will start from next week.

Depending on your rail voltage levels, you will run into problems with the comparator (the ideal gain of UcD lies somewhere around 4.5), and you will therefore quite early hit the maximum/minimum input voltage for the 1016-inputs.

Mmm.

:att'n: Some unfair claims in this thread...

I think that using an IC comparator, a couple of level shifters from any electronics book, the typical app. diagram of a IR21XX and the overall UcD concept patented by Bruno Putzeys is not likely to be a "copy of Sander's schematics", is it? :whazzat:

I have seen like 200 similar circuits here before you posted yours, Sander. (No pun intended)

The real difficulty is all that is around that (protections, startup circuit, layout, component selection, and of course the UcD idea itself).

Best regards,
Pierre

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Pierre,

I'm not going to debate this with you, but for the record I'm the first to use a combination of all these in my 'A non-discrete SODFA class-D amplifier' from more than a year ago, before that I have not seen any such schematics. But I'm okay with others using these for their own designs, that's why I posted them here in the first place, the TS already acknowledged he used that thread as a reference, which is fine by me.

Best regards,

Sander Sassen
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

yes i agree with Pierre, we may not know the exact IC Part name to match our design, so by looking at what parts others have used will give a fair amount of idea of what we can use in our design

;)

There is nothing wrong in using a Application Note , Actually it is intended to be used by the application developers.

Ok, coming to the point Sanders How did you calculate the loop Gain in your schematic :bawling:

I am not going to discuss either, because (as you pointed) the purpose of the forums is to share ideas.

But then, Sander, "more than a year ago" you lost your precious time reinventing the wheel. There are reports of schematics based on that basic idea (IC comparator + BJT level shifters + IR2XXX) from more than three years ago in this forum.
Please understand me, I am not speaking about the architecture, but the simple components selection and arrangement. Perhaps not an UcD implementation, but hysteretic or clock based ones have been seen here for a long time.

Narayan: nothing wrong on using App. Notes! That's what they are for. I was only telling that no one (but the chip designer himself) can claim to have been the first in using a chip just like its datasheets shows!

Now back to the technics, please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.