beginner advice for a place to start

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I am wanting to get into the building of amps as a hobby as i love a challenge, love music and movies, and want to take pride in creating my own peices of audio equipment. My aim is to start with the basics and get a grip on what is going on. Can someone recommend a book(s) on amp building, or even more basic than that to get me started. I have been reading threads for awhile now and read there are so many improvements to be made in regards to capacitors and so on, but want to really know what is going on first to understand the impact. My next step is to build a basic multi channel UCD amp as a kit, then upgrade it from there and participate in more advanced threads. I do realize this does not happen overnight, but want a good place to start my adventure into the DIY world and no better place to start than books! so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.