ZAPpulse700XE or Hypex UCD700, or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
*** Edit***
Sorry for being OT from the thread title, but the comment seemed relevant to the contents.
*** End Edit***

Rest assured it is NOT only LC Audio... :cannotbe:

Doris/customer service

Really? You call this customer service? You respond two (2) weeks after you are emailed? You didn't even READ the email you replied to.

What was my name again? Gavin? Are you sure?

This has been the worst customer support I have experienced on the internet to date.

Troy xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Hide quoted text -

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM, <support@41hz.com> wrote:

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for your e-mail re new
shipping address.
We'll get back to you shortly with a
confirmation.

In the meantime: very best regards,

doris/customer service.

On 13 Aug 2008 at 19:49,
support@41hz.com wrote:

> At 8/13/2008 7:49:57 PM feedback was sent to 41Hz.com.
> Below you will find the feedback message
> sent by Troy xxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Hi- I just ordered three(3) AMP32 modules but I would like them
> shipped to a different address. I need them shipped to a friend so
> he can solder on the main IC on them then he will mail them to me.
>
> His ship to address:
>
> Gavin xxxxx
> xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxx, TX xxxxx
>
> My info is:
>
> Troy xxxxxxxxx
> xxxx xxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxx, LA, xxxxx
> xxx-xxx-xxxx cell phone
> ---------------------------------------
>
> END
>
>

--

Support 41Hz

www.41hz.com
www.support.41hz.com

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
audiodesign said:
I am not a commercial entity.

I would like to share my test, only

I will make soon another test with Hypex UcD180HG with HxR reg. and I will try to increase performanecs of icepower with some modification on regulated power supply

So then share your results here without repeatedly spamming your revenue generating ad filled website that you also beg for donations from.

You more than likely used your barren "non commercial" website to ***** free engineering samples for your test. It's a little bit unusual to be commenting on a 180OEM module that's otherwise unavailable to hobbyists. IcePower is in murky waters due to it being dumped so frequently, but I could also say the same for that.

Otherwise:

-Your idea of what a class d amp is shows some lack of effort. Since you're writing a "guide", you might research it further such that you may correct it.

-Bypassing the input stage ignorantly is likely to bring a change, but unlikely an improvement. As a slight example even the article you linked to as a guide for the common module is wired in a less than optimal way-->he is directly listening to his wires, and to his ground. Good for him that he likes it, but unworthy as a guide of any sort. Any RF TLC at the inputs in either case? Must sound impressive, but oh, the euphony.. You didn't comment or probably even try it with the input stage, odd, just jumped in and ripped it up because of your faith.

-It's pointless having the best and most expensive parts if you don't know how to use them. Like the T-network caps for your OEM are useless as you have them.

-In general, your wiring is a total disaster for any full range digital amp. This should be even better for input stage bypassed operation. Nicer still if you operate it simultaneously at ground zero to an EMI embarrassment like your choice cut. I suppose that really does put them all on equal footing.

-You got "bad results" for Hypex and chose to blame it on one of the best components in existance, good one.

-You're now going to test the HG, "with HXR" (guess what they happen to power) and immediately plan on screwing over the input the very same way in continued blind faith to "reduce the signal path". Consider that you're actually elongating it rediculously. Do you suppose they spent their profit margin putting it there because it does no good and decreases performance? That would be silly? I guess they loved your website.

-While you claim to have tried to make all things equal with the supplies your transformers vary just a little bit and you've got one wired as monoblocks. Your preferred amplifier, very oddly enough, even more so in that you fail to point it out yourself, uses something shall we say to understate, a little bit different than the others?

As it's unlikely you bought that where you claim to have purchased the others, I will infer that it came as a free sample along with the module itself, very slick trick. Your non biased test based on equal footing fails miserably in every way.

Do consider how your preferred results correlate with your VA, and isn't that interesting.

-Now you're going to likely screw up the IcePower module while basic issues go ignored. Notice you fault nothing of your own doing, but rather lay blame to the components and amplifiers.

-"Two of my friends with a lot of experience on music reproduction were present at the test. They always agreed on the grades given"

Ha ha.. "seals it for me". If they knew a damn or were really friends, they'd have stopped you, otherwise the sheep tend to follow the "heard".

In conclusion, what I said before. Good luck with your ad clicks and donations mr. non commercial entity who's spammed his link three times in as many days.

Status
Not open for further replies.