Mosfet output stage help (please)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I have just built a bread board class D amplifier, It works fine with bipolars on the output (npn and pnp), When i put mosfets on there it gives a wierd wave and starts misbehaving, I know this is due to the input capacitance of the mosfet. How can i simply get round this as i dont have a clue as to driving mosfets at high frequency.

The FET are
IRF530
IRF9530

The switching frequency is 200Hz and they are currently driving by the output of a comparitor, I have added a resisor and diode to give some dead time as they were getting hot.

Thanks
Rob

Well i dont have time to model it on LTspice but heres a simalar crocclips model, I have changed a few things such as

Due to the lm311 being a comparitor i have put a 1k resistor from the output of the LM311 comparitor to the +15v rail.

The component values on this are quite likly to be wrong but you get the idea, It is not the exact cicuit that i have built.

As for the output stage using transistor as is on the circuit the transistor output works but does not give a square wave, It has a dip in the middle of the wave. Does anyone know what that is?
When i put mosfets on it the whole thing gives a very odd wave shape.

What can i use to drive the mosfets as i assume i need lower output inpedance for the base of the mosfets to drive the capacitance.

I am using IRF530 and its complement.

Oh and yes i did mean 200KHz

The circuit:

Attachments

• classd.jpg
    classd.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 279
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.