Charlize is sounding pretty nice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2005, 06:02 AM   #1
chipmec is offline chipmec  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Charlize is sounding pretty nice

I hooked up my Charlize in a temporary project box with a 12V SLA battery for power. Very promising. Great imaging in the mid range. Sounded a little more dynamic when I added a cap to the battery feed. I think she will be even better after a few days of burn in. Glad I chose that one.

I have a squeezebox on the way and will probably give it a listen before sending it to be modded.

I definitely need some high efficiency speakers. I am thinking of making my first pair with full range Fostex drivers.

This is turning out to be a fun project!

Hide this!Advertise here!