Time for a T-amp FAQ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Is it time for a FAQ on the Sonic ( and other T-amps)?
There's startng to be a lot of the same questions and answers here- as often happens on boards like these.

A FAQ might make it easier to find the information needed.

Thoughts?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
OK, lets get started. I figure you, me, Brian and a few others here can put together a nice one. Anyone is free to jump in.

I would like to see it here as a sticky post that is easy to find. Good idea to put it on our sites, too. Or may just link to the one here.

Let's start each in our own corner, then combine and edit what we have.

Please post here when you have something ready.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
I just now noticed this thread and would gladly participate if it would be helpful to others. I'm new to the wiki pages but it looks simple enough to use. All the info. should either go there or in a stickied thread in this forum to get the most exposure.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
So 'wiki' is Hawaiian for fast/quick. That makes sense. Amazing what you can learn in the class d forum!

My avatar is a pic of the inside of a very old hard drive. Those are the metal platters (back then they needed 8 platters for a 580MB hard drive!) and the read/write heads. I thought it looked cool and snapped some photos. I was going to use the metal case to house an amp but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, I wasn't sure how to start the wiki page but I can put some very basic stuff up tonight. Of course everyone else should feel free to add anything pertaining to the topic as well :yes:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Very nice. Thanks for adding some info Hara! Any input from newcomers as to what questions you'd like answered would be great as well.

Hara - I like your idea about one general page for all the Tripath amps and separate pages for each specific amp. That way you can start general and go specific if you'd like. It can all be organized later though, so keep adding any and all useful stuff to the wiki.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
I added a specification table for the Tripath based amps that I know of.

I really wish we could use html code instead of the archaic wiki formatting code and we could with a dedicated FAQ page hosted on someone else's site.... but the universal editing capability is a really nice feature.

Excellent idea!
Something I think would be valuable in the faq -
A list of recommended modification parts, brief explanation of the expected "improvement", and some suggested sources(with part numbers, typical pricing, web addresses, and/or phone numbers). Perhaps the sources could be broken down by major geographic location. And, of course the parts would be broken down by specific item being modded.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.