Sonic T wall wart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't do it! 15V will def fry the t-amp.

I faced the same issue myself. The amp is def fine at 13.8V as long as it's regulated. I read going from 12V to 13.8V increases power output slightly, but don't have the knowledge to say for sure.

I use a big lab-style 13.8V 5A regulated psu, and it makes a huge difference to the body and weight of the sound. Dynamics improve too.

Good luck :)

Here in the UK (and I imagine in most countries) the 13.8V regulated supplies intended for CB radio are plentiful and cheap - often free second-hand! They put out several amps, and seem ideal for the job.
I use one for my SI, and it works very well, just needed a bit of modification to silence the mechanical hum from the transformer.

Picked up a "lightly used" 13.5 vdc, 1.5 amp supply today for 39 cents US. I just love thrift stores!! :D Here's a pic of my 39 cent mahogany tray for reboxing. :Pirate:

Attachments

• sonic t.jpg
    sonic t.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 292
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.