Equilog PWM amplifier module?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I've found 20-something of these little equilog-modules. The label says: "Equilog AM1-M01A" or maybe it's "Equilog AM1-Mo1A"

I cant find anything on Google other than a link to an active speaker that's said to use Equilog-amps. I found the modules next to a lot of other classD-stuff so I'm pretty convinced that it's classD related. My best guess at the moment would be that its a modulator/driver. Def not a power-circuit.

They are approx 25mm*35mm and made out of some sort of thick-film-technique coated with a grey'ish layer of something.

Each module has got 12 leads. From what I can tell it's made of 5 integrated circuits and approx 20 discrete components.

BTW: also found approx 100 output-coils... :D
Has it become standard that toroids made for classD/Audio are red?

Yes a picture would help, but I haven't got a digicam...

Regards TroelsM

Standard red cores? No, nothing is standard, but I think the Amidon iron powder cores highly recommended by JohnW are red, type 2? I don't know if anyone else makes a red one. "Equibit" was class d technology, maybe it's a knock off or something.

Seems like it could be an AMI module, have seen super cheap circuits from them, but if you can't find any info it's likely useless and I wouldnt' bother with it. I've search as well and came up dry. Snag the cores if you can.

Hi Troels

The inductors you have found is probaly scrap from Texas Instruments in Lyngby, I would therefore think that the cores are Micrometals T130-2 with a dual winding of aprox 30uH in total - perfect for a 400W/4R class-D amp.

The Equilog modules you have is the analog modulator used in one of the early desing from Toccata Technology. If you do not have the motherboard for these modules they are useless.

A 4'th generation analog class-D amp based on the same topology is today sold by Lyngdorf Audio, SDA2175, does 2x400W/4R with low THD, is sold in Hifiklubben for only 8900dkr (1200EUR)

rgds,

Kim

The coils could very well be from Texas Inst. I've attached a pic.

Kims: Do you know the current-rating for the coils?

TroelsM

Attachments

• torroid2.jpg
    torroid2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 340
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.