0.0004% THD Class D Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using the (rather radical..) new measurement methods as proposed by Per Anders, i hereby post the first measurements of THD on the 700XE.

I guess the serious message in this result is that pre filter NFB can give as good THD measurement as post filter NFB.

Take a look below ;)

Attachments

• 700xethd.jpg
    700xethd.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,279
IVX: Kind of a joke between me and Per Anders. :D From another thread. ;)

And please note, the posted THD data are real, but NOT official data release.. I just posted the best looking results i could get (under the most beneficial op conditions .. but not totally useless anyway). :cool:
Of course a more parametric result will be released later on.

This is the problem I have found with measurements, if not measured with a true inductive load then your not getting real world results. If you can get below 0.01 with a real speaker including crossover, then you have something.

Why does the brick wall have to be at 24k Hz, can't that point be higher and still not have a great deal of noise? And if the noise is above 20K why do we worry about it so much, or why is it even audible? These are honest questions here. The best switch mode amp I have ever heard was noisier than most, but during music levels you didn't even notice the noise.

I have even lower THD on the loudspeaker, then on the 4om resistor, at least in highs.

PS: Reducing THD by the huge loop gain, IMO, is not so much intelligent approach. I have said "STOP" to myself, when could not provide flat THD/Freq more, it's occured at 50db loop gain and no more then 500-550KHz idle switching, because i still prefer cold amp. But if i could develop the discrete amp with 30db loop gain and .005% THD at 10W etc, i would be really proud.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.