Class D, Which speakers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All :) ,

I'm glad to tell you Tha's is my first post here in Diyaudio forum. First of all thank's for all information that I got here, it;s really help me, I finish my first DIY kit from autocostruire, and it's running a few days, to be honest I'm missing some low frequency more than my original t-amp, maybe I need burn in few more days, well I'm looking for a new speakers to use with this tripath 2020, my last one was a B&W 602s3, and this week I heard a triangle comete es and stella es and I like it, I heard some guys using fullrange like fostex, but I never tryed before and I think it is too much money for a first DIY speaker projet, so anybody can help me ? any comments wil be great.

Cheers,

Alexandre.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ah... Good old Triangle. My first "good" DIY speakers were some of Triangle's very early drivers, about 20 years ago. Sweet mid range, very musical in a TQWT. Not much bottom end, though.

If you have the space you might try a Hammer Dynamics kit. A big box but reported to work very, very well with the small Tripath chips. Or for even less money, buy the Eminence Beta 12-LTA upon which the Hammer driver is based. 90% of the sound (so they say) for much less money. Put it in a Hammer style box with a super tweeter.

But since you're in Brazil, why not try some Selenium coaxials? As they are "home grown" they ought to be a good price in Brazil, no?

All good high efficiency drivers.

Hi Panomaniac,

Thank's for your feedback.

In fact I'm in Houston for while, my plans is buy this speakers here. I have no needs for a high efficiency speakers, I live in a apartment and I can listen music so loud, and also I have no space to build a DIY speakers. The funny think about Selenium driver is the best ones is only for export :( .

I'm using a SLA 5A without any capacitor in my class-d amp, do think this PSU http://www.autocostruire.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=264 could help me with more bass in my class-d amp kit ?.

Cheers,

Alexandre.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.