41Hz Amp6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:xeye:

I'm making my first jump into diy audio and have decided to go with the 41hz amp6 kit. However, I was hoping to use a toroidal power supply on closeout at partsexpress. But they are sold out. Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative. I do have several 12volt 7ah batteries lying around if someone has a schematic for how to modify an AMP6 to work with an sla. Thanks in advance!

"Just add a transformer of 15V AC" it says. That should roughly be like 20-21VDC after the rectifiers. Dunno if AMP6 can take 24V but if it can just use like 6 pieces of your batteries to make 24V/21Ah and connect it after the rectifiers. I think... :)

Edit: Oops :xeye: my bad... "LM1084 low dropout 5A voltage regulator set to 14.5V" ok, just add the batteries after the reg? as 12V batteries is like ~13.8V anyways. And parallell 'em to the wanted Ah.

Edit2: or buy the AMP3 if youre gonna use batteries? :) save $14

Cadbike,

I, too, burned out waiting for the cheap Parts Express Toroidals to be back in stock, so I ordered the 50VA Amveco toroidal from DigiKey number TE62083-ND for $18.83. It is 15V at 3.33A with secondaries paralleled.

I haven't finished building AMP6, but the power supply checks out with this and a dummy load. Also, it is small and "potted" so it is easy to install.

I'm currently finishing 3 AMP6 modules to be used in my active setup.
However I have spotted a problem when following the manual (V 1.0).

With the kit came 5 capacitors with the following specs: 0.1 uF RM 2.5 mm.

However for the amplifier 6 of these caps are needed: C16, C17, C20, C26, C50, C102.

Am I doing something wrong? The bag in which the caps came said that 5 caps where supplied, hence I don't think it was a simple mistake with packaging.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.