UcD400 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's probably disabled then. If you seperate the enable wires for both modules and just test the defective one (I'm thinking you're running both off one remote LED ??) you may see it blink as I think the protection they use cycles every 1 or 30 seconds.. no idea, can't remember how long.

You're measuring from the rails to the speaker output right so if the outputs were blown you'd see mostly the DC resistance of the filter coil and hear a 60hz hum.

If you're reading Mega ohms you're looking at a mosfet that's being held off. Maybe you could try it with a different pre amp or swap modules channels (try the bad one on the good channel dont' try the good one on the bad channel) maybe you can rule something out that way.

classd4sure said:
It's probably disabled then. If you seperate the enable wires for both modules and just test the defective one (I'm thinking you're running both off one remote LED ??) you may see it blink as I think the protection they use cycles every 1 or 30 seconds.. no idea, can't remember how long.

You're measuring from the rails to the speaker output right so if the outputs were blown you'd see mostly the DC resistance of the filter coil and hear a 60hz hum.

If you're reading Mega ohms you're looking at a mosfet that's being held off. Maybe you could try it with a different pre amp or swap modules channels (try the bad one on the good channel dont' try the good one on the bad channel) maybe you can rule something out that way.

I swapped the modules on the monoblocks. The problem follows the defective module. No hum, no DC at the speaker output. No blinking on the LED.

Hope this help. I REALLY appreciate your assistance....really,

There is 0,71 volt DC at speaker output.

It looks a little high to my unexperienced eyes. I read a few mV in mine. I hope you do your tests with a cheap pair of speakers. Do you have music now?

I swapped the modules on the monoblocks
Be careful with your PS caps while swapping. They may be charged :eek:
Avoid further damage to yourself or your module. Wait for the cavalry :)

Normally speaker ground must be "floating".
Sorry not to be of any help. I am sending you good vibrations, though :)

Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.