Single supply class D modules?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of a high power single-supply class D amp module?

The only one I know about is the yet to be released AMP4 from 41hz.com, and I wouldn't call it high powered. I read a document from hypex that said a fullbridge UcD could be made to run off a single supply, but I'm not sure if they actually made one. I cant't find any other info on their site about it.

Thanks alfsch, that would be perfect but the lack of over-current protection scares me, especially at 120v. While trying to find an ICEpower dealer I stumbled across the CAD Audio D1004. Same power rating as the ICEpower module, but it has current protection and bandwidth up to 20Khz. I would like to build a sub amp, but It would be nice to be able to use it fullrange if I ever wanted too.

Now here's why I want a module that uses a single supply.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That is a digitally controlled light dimmer capable of 600w/rms x2 with a variable voltage from 0v to AC mains level. Now, assuming that when I attach some bulk caps it doesn't act all crazy like my other projects SMPS's did, would it be possible to use this to power one of the modules mentioned above? Both modules boast excellent supply rejection even with a couple volts of ripple, so I'm more interested in if it will work at all, let alone any noise issues.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.