Aw ****. SI + Fostex FE167E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No no no no no. NO!

I recently built a pair of FE167E BR cabs and had them hooked up to a lightly modified S5 PP tube amp. Okay, I thought, not bad... Maybe the speakers need to break in.

My SI T-Amp arrived today.

Uhm. It beats the hell out of my s5 amp. 30 bucks + batteries.

sigh.

back to your regularly scheduled whatever.

I concur.

I have one playing into my large corner horns 105dbw and 5 w of SI magic.

SERIOUSLY good.

in fact i have bought a second one so that i can biamp one of my own design of speakers.

If you look on the NAIM forum then you will see that NAIM have caught on and have a Tripath amplifier.
It is being exhibited at the HiFi Show in London as we speak.

Friends have bought SI amps on my recomendation. One has 2 of them running his Yam NS 1000 and is very happy.

regards David
:smash: :D

YEP! I did the same thing. I replaced my 300B SET with this amp. Blowen away by the detail and bass control. Mid-bass preformance is slightly better too. I have listened to my whole CD collection all over again. It all sounds different.:xeye:
I have another one that I will attemp to mod. I think some tube rolling in my pre, and some cable changes, this my be a relly impressive amp. Driving B200 fullrange in OB. Heaps of power.

Nigel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.