New case for class D amps - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th August 2005, 06:44 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Chris,

You got mail.
Old 9th August 2005, 06:52 PM   #12
gengis is offline gengis  United States
diyAudio Member

Yves,

Can you also PM me where to find that in the US?
Thanks.
Old 9th August 2005, 08:08 PM   #13
wytco0 is offline wytco0  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have some of what I think are the US cases (they are not made in the US) and they are good but this case looks as though it could be better. I am definitely interested even at the price being stated.
Old 9th August 2005, 08:17 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Of course, Richard should give it a go, a solid looking case adds to the sound... at least psychologically!

Keep us informed Richard!

PS. I know about the "us" cases being made in Taiwan, but that doesn't matter - I'm interested in 1 piece not 20.
Old 9th August 2005, 08:33 PM   #15
greggp is offline greggp  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to greggp
Quote:
Originally posted by Yves Smolders
Of course, Richard should give it a go, a solid looking case adds to the sound... at least psychologically!

Keep us informed Richard!

PS. I know about the "us" cases being made in Taiwan, but that doesn't matter - I'm interested in 1 piece not 20.

Yves,

Could you also PM me the link of the US/Taiwan case. I can't afford the Belgian case either...

Thanks!!
Old 9th August 2005, 10:12 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

This particular case will be made in belgium. There's no point in having it made in Taiwan or elsewhere unless you're willing to manufacture 2 containers of it. But then again you won't get the quality we're after.

Secondly, we (I think) want a case that isn't the average foldable metal sheet box clad with a 10mm alu front but we want a case that is solidly engineered. This case will be 4mm front to back, top to bottom.

Another feature of this case is that it is configured EXACTLY as you yourselve specify. You want only 3 single ended inputs - then you can have it. 7 Balanced? No probs. You name it - "we make it".

This case will outclass the best of cases. Some exceptions of course...Chord comes to my mind albeight at another cost level.

I am still looking for alternative suppliers who can manufacture some parts of the case at a better cost. This means at the moment that with some interest the case will be in the 150-200 bracket. Again volume drives cost > if we're talking about lets say 300 cases then I'll be able to drive the cost further down > it'll be a real bargain then.

Also, if you spend lets say 1000 euro's on the interior then 150-200 is not to much for a classy case to stick it in.

I also plan to add the option of copper shielding in the case to separate the supply part from the electronics but I'll have to give this some further thought.

Tease me enough and I'll have it made !!

Any prefs for colour? Black would be my first choice.

Cheers,

Richard
Old 9th August 2005, 10:14 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Can somebody PM me the address of the us case as well? I'd be interested in finding out what it would have to compete with..

Cheers

Richard
Old 9th August 2005, 11:55 PM   #18
gengis is offline gengis  United States
diyAudio Member

Richard,

Your case is much better looking. I would spend the extra money to buy your case, but shipping probably kill the deal.

And I am only building a LM3886 gc, it is going to be around 100. It will be an integrated.
Old 10th August 2005, 05:43 AM   #19
wytco0 is offline wytco0  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

richard black is my preference as well although i might be tempted by a high quality anodised finish.

Re the US cases I suspect that the following wiki refers http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.p...P+in+enclosure

I have 4 of these cases and they are very nice and better than any retail cases i have seen elsewhere. However I do not think they are as high a quality as the ones that you are suggesting.
Old 10th August 2005, 07:43 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link. I can understand why this case can be made for a better price since it's folded metal sheet clad with an aluminium front.

I'll investigate and do some more homework on the price.

Keep me posted with interest though!

Cheers

Richard

Hide this!Advertise here!