New case for class D amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "all aluminium" aspect is a prime feature of the case.

The case has been designed to take full advantage of the heat exchange properties of aluminium.

I'll have to conduct test on a pre-production example (yet to be made) to decide wether additional cooling vents/slots are required.

As it stands now, further work is required but a light is shining at the end of the tunnel. I am very anxious to make it work. The case is a modular design and with different front/back panels it could also act as a media server case.

I'll provide you with updates as I proceed. Should there be any ideas you have for the case then please share them so we can have the best of best!

Cheers

Richard

The media server back panel can have two cutouts for two fans > 1 to suck air in and the other one to blow air out. Depending on the components to be used one will probably have to go for the 120mm case. Again the heat exchange properties will also help keeping the temperature down.

As mentioned before I plan to offer the case in 3 different heights.

De DVD tray can be slot load to keep the clean look in tact.

Cheers

Richard

I have some more images to share....

Cheers,

Richard

Attachments

• collection_front.jpg
    collection_front.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 310
Steven,

You should see these cases in real life! I've got a NEO at work (a computer company) and it feels to heavy, the front plate is 5mm, feels heavy and sturdy.

Looking at the website, it seems you can only get this case, and the bigger "twister" with a mainboard included.

I'll try to see if the case can be had "gutless" - The twister is about 7.5cm high - I might be able to fit an 800VA toroid and modules in there. Cooling will be more than adequate, the thing feels like a fridge in your hands!

Edit: Found the reseller, will have info next week.

Yves

Yves,

Keep us informed, please. This is a very nice case indeed. I also found that you can only get it with PC-boards inside, although still without power supply. I've been looking around for an empty one, but to no success. Most other brands have CDR drive slots in the front.

Steven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.