need help with Soundtech ps802 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a soundtech ps802 amplifier sitting in front of me. It has a foreign plug on it. specs say a hybrid switch mode power supply? back says 120v 60hz and below that 230v 50hz. I am wondering, can I lop off the Euro? plug and put on an us plug and have the amp function? the fuse in back panel is the 230v rated fuse but it says what the value should be for 120v aswell. Amp is class H. Some have said give it a try. Some say transformer would have to be replaced. Some say transformer would have to br rewired. I opened it up, it has a rather small round transformer. I was going to buy a step converter/transformer to make it work but was wondering if there is an easier and/or more permanent solution for making it work as it should but on 120v.....??? I included a picture of the back if you can see the markings I'm talking about. Someone said that is probably standard on all the amps. Should I post a picture of the inside of amp? anyone have any brainy thoughts? thanks very much

Attachments

• dsc00002.jpg
    dsc00002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.