New kits from 41hz
Loads of new kits coming from 41hz, there are some really interesting offerings on the horizon!!
look in the forums\news\
I for one am very excited by this news.
New models coming soon:
AMP4, 2x50W 8 ohms, integrated power supply
- Based on the Tripath TK2050 that runs of a single 20V to 35V supply.
- AMP4 has an onboard power supply rectifier and bulk capacitors and +5V supply. Just add a transformer.
- The two pice TK2050 chipset uses the Tripath TA2001 signal processor chip and the TP2050 power chip. The TP2050 chip has the same footprint as the TA2021B chip used in AMP3. The TA2001 is the same processor as used in AMP2.
- The TK2050 THD+N datasheet values are exceptionally low, 0.007% at 30W, 8 ohm.
- AMP4 is optimized for 6 and 8 ohm loads, not so well suited for 4 ohm loads.
- Most components for AMP4 are surface mounts. The footprint is 50x120 mm.
AMP4 will be available in august/september.
AMP5. 2x100 W 4 ohm. Only hole mount components, power supply on board
- A "complete" amp based on the same chip as AMP1, the Tripath TA2022.
- AMP5 has the power supply on board, just add the transformer. It also has as a stabilized +5V supply on board.
- The board has a pushbutton volume control chip that should be as quiet and and low distortion than virtually any mechanical pot.
- The first prototype of AMP5 is playing now. Good news if you do not
like to solder small surface mount components as AMP5 uses only through hole mounted components.
- The footprint of the board is 82x150 mm
AMP5 will be available in august/september.
- AMP6. 2x25W 4 ohm. Hole mount components. Stabilized power supply on board
- Based on the Tripath TA2020. The chip is very similar to the one used in AMP3. The difference is that the TA2020 is hole mounted. This amp is good news if you are interested in AMP3 but do not like to solder small surface mount components.
- AMP5 uses through hole mounted components. There are a few large surface mount diodes but these are larger than the hole mounted components in the kit.
- Stabilized 14.6V 5A power supply on board. Just add a 12VAC transformer.
AMP6 will be available in august/september.
As with our other kits, the new kits will be decently priced.
Ahhhhh yes, they will be available just in time to be added to my christmas list :D .
It 'll be interesting to compare the amp6 to the amp3. The TA2020 amp I once had sounded very good, but not as good as the amp3. Of course, my amp3 has been tweaked and the TA2020 board was stock. Something else to try... choices are bad.:xeye:
True I keep getting from my birlfriend, 'but you already have 6 amps, why do you need any more'. They'll never understand!! Anyway i sold the nad 3020 what more does she want?
The other day I emailed Jan about selling a through hole design Amp3, but I wasn't sure if I should post what he told me here as it wasn't announced yet. It seems he's been working on it for longer than I thought. Amp4 sounds good, but it may be more power than I'll ever need for my Fostex 207's. I'll probably give Amp6 a shot first.
Oh, nice things. Maybee a 3x AMP5 would be nice or 4x :)
I just got an email from Jan that the on board power supply for Amp6 is very similar to a TREAD. Things are looking better and better it seems.
Well if you want a through hole kit with the ta2020 chip .... and you want it NOW .... well, youcan get one (as I did) from Italy at www.autocostruire.com.
My units is sounding very good, even with a poor 12V supply ;).
Take a look at the big caps in the middle ......
A few weeks ago, all I was able to find was kit using SMD components and now there is two kits ! Because of the low price of 41Hz kits, I'll be tempted to buy the AMP6, but someone said that the AMP3 (similar to the amp6) is good but not as good as the best GC. I'll buy the tripath amp hopping that it will sound better then BrianGT NIGC I built last winter. The GC sound very good for the price, but I had a T-AMP for a few weeks and I know that it was better (If we forget about the bass problem). So, I suppose that I'll have to wait for more input about the sound of these design.
You sound like an commercial for Autocostruire in every thread.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2015 diyAudio