diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   looking for a cheap amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/59913-looking-cheap-amp.html)

nifan 29th June 2005 03:15 PM

looking for a cheap amp

hey!
im looking for a schematic and a board-layout of a good cheap amp... the best way is a class-t i think! its a project for school in physics! i hope somebody can help me and you enjoy my english ;-) i know its good ;-)

greetings from germany

nifan 30th June 2005 11:37 AM

nobody?

dnsey 30th June 2005 04:32 PM

How about Jan Fredriksson's AMP 3?
No problem sourcing components etc., and plenty of room for experimentation / modification.

audiotux 30th June 2005 05:49 PM

Hallo nifan ,

41hz audio sells PCBs and Kits for 3 differend Class D Amps .
Good Luck !
Greetings from Germany ( Bruchsal near Karlsruhe )

Jürgen javascript:smilie(';)')

nifan 30th June 2005 06:08 PM

if the amps arent too expensive i will think about it! its just a project fpr physics! i dont want to use a big psu or something else but i want to use it for my tv after the presentation in physics so the quality should be not the best but better than the panasonic, aiwa or phillips blinky systems ;-) i live in germany so i think its not easy to buy a pcb form the usa, isnt it? where can i get Jan Fredriksson's AMP 3?

nifan 30th June 2005 06:13 PM

i found amp 4... for 25€ inclusive components its a good deal! do i need a preampfiler or is a poti enough? what kind of poti should i use?

greetings from germany
simon

mb 30th June 2005 11:04 PM

A 12V SLA battery with ~10,000-20,000uF reservoir caps, ~20k volume control pot, and it will not only beat the Aiwa and Philips, but the NADs, Rotels and many others ;) . A preamp is better (cleaner bass, better body in the sound), but can always be added later.

One of my Amp3s is destined to be a booster amp for my son's Aiwa minicompo. I replaced the speakers with a small pair of DIY speakers, and someday the Amp3 with take the headphone signal from the Aiwa and feed the speakers. I tried this with the T-amp, and he loved the sound. With the Amp3, he will make his entry into "hi-end" minicompo!

mb 30th June 2005 11:09 PM

If the source has a volume control (eg. Discman), you can skip the volume pot altogether.

Get an old Sony Discman; add a good low ESR cap at the battery supply terminals internally; connect to something like the Amp3, and you have a *killer* portable system. Bring it to a friend's house and hook to the $3k speakers and :D :D :D

nifan 1st July 2005 11:39 AM

has somebody an example for a preampfiler? i prefere not to use a battery!

greetings from germany
simon

nifan 1st July 2005 11:40 AM

what is the maxium for the power? what for a psu should i use?