UCD 400 - Rectifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Dears,

I am thinking to the power supply of a UcD400. Now my question is: which kind of rectifiers is the best suited? Are Schottky Bridge rectfiers the best for these kind of moduels, or there is a better one?

Than If my max current loads is 40A, than there will be any difference in using a rectifier wich operate with a max of 40A and a one which operate with up to 100A, for instance?

I realized that there are a lot of producer and models though the cost of this devices is very small, do you have any suggestion? Where to buy?

Thank you and have a nice weekend,
KEPha

check out post number 7 of the thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=146277

Also look at the referenced document snubber.pdf

I first started using snubbers on the power supply diodes in the early seventies when by father explained why I was having a problem with my class A amplifier design. Snubbers (resistor/capacitor in series, applied in parallel on each diode) really do work, even on normal high current power supply diodes. Other approaches may work, but this works for me.

I highly recommend some form of snubbing on the power supply of the ucd400, regardless of what type of diode is used. The ucd400 is a wonderful amplifier that is worthy of a decent power supply implementation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.