Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2005, 02:18 PM   #1
ThomasS is offline ThomasS  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Unhappy "grounding" output of T-amp - how?

The main speakers in my system are full range open baffles assisted by an open baffle subwoofer (20-50Hz). The input of the sub-amp is connected via a passive line level x'over (pllxo) to the output of the amp driving the main speakers - i.e. a passive power level x'over :-)

I have just replaced my chip-amp with the Sonic impact T-amp (WITHOUt connecting the pllxo/sub-amp/sub). The output of the T-amp is "floating" (not connected to ground), which means that I can't just connect the pllxo/sub-amp as this will connect one of the outputs of the T-amp directly to ground.. :-(

Is there a simple solution to this "problem"?

I was thinking of creating an arteficial ground by connecting this "arteficial ground" to both output terminal via 2 resistors (e.g. 1-200ohm) - the pllxo would the be connected to positive and "arteficial ground" - will this work? Alternatives?
(I'm working on a buffer which will allow pllxo's to be placed before both the T-amp and sub-amp).

Thank,
Thomas
(sorry for re-posting the question)
Old 14th April 2005, 02:31 PM   #2
subwo1 is offline subwo1  United States
diyAudio Member

I remember that I used some 220 ohm resistors somewhere when I was stringing together various pieces in my old multi-amped and equalized set-up. I think they were either connecting the outputs of an automobile stereo receiver or 7 band graphic equalizer/amp into the system. Best Regards.

Hide this!Advertise here!