Sonic Impact Output Crct Schematic? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2005, 06:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Sonic Impact Output Crct Schematic?

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking around for several weeks. I've been closely following the progress of the Sonic Impact mods and i've procured several of these gems for modding.

Before I get to my question I'd first like to start off by saying thanks to all those who have worked so hard to figure out this amp and have posted their results....especially Panomaniac, Motherone, Vinnie R., Panelhead and BWRX...but several others as well. You guys are what forums like this are all about.

And now on to my question...

Has anyone drawn out a schematic of the output section of the SI? I've done a LOT of searches on SI related threads but I haven't seen any schems of the output, only the input. If no one has drawn one could someone maybe say how the output section differs with the Tripath evaluation board?
Old 11th April 2005, 08:45 PM   #2
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Hello Triode Guy,
So far, I don't think that anyone has drawn an output schematic. It is a little harder than the input because some of the traces go under the coils.

I do have a dead board with the coils off, so maybe I should start to plot this thing out. Designing a better output filter will be a good thing.
Old 12th April 2005, 03:24 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks panomaniac, I used to be a technician in my former life so I might try tracing this out this weekend. Just thought I'd ask before going thru all the tedium.

Hide this!Advertise here!