Class D is nonaudiophile, not hi fi system, they are saying that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was searching forums, and surfing the WEB and could see people that wrote that class D is not a serious audiophile system.

My God!

What happened with those guys when they born?... do you think they hit the head on floor or something alike?

Some loss of Oxigen when borning.

Some crazy nurse tried to kill them closing nose and mouth!

Or they had some enormous problem, as some nuclear bomb exploding near them?

Are those guys rigth?

See my genuine, real and full of hi fidelity expression when i read those things.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• loco.jpg
    loco.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 773
destroyer X said:
I was searching forums, and surfing the WEB and could see people that wrote that class D is not a serious audiophile system.

The class-D & hybrid movement overall seems to be growing at an exponential rate and I believe that as it continues to gain momentum, it will pick up adherents quite fast.

One year ago, I would not have said that. Today is a different story. Some very serious players on the chip & hardware side are involved with this technology and the latest generation of products are startling in how good they perform.

I believe we are seeing a dramatic reset on what it costs to build a high quality amplifier. To the hobbyist, that is a great thing. Never forget, "audiophile" is in the eyes of the beholder and it takes time for people to embrace new ideas and abandon the old.

speaker

Re: Speaker, thanks, but this is so shocking, how deer them?

destroyer X said:
My God!....non audiophile, non serious listener.....my God!

Carlos

There is a place for them too. The uneducated can become the passionate user when shown the way & the path.

This debate is healthy & challenges your assumptions. Tubes vs. transistors will continue to rage & perhaps evolve to tubes vs. hybrids. Not a bad thing, everyone wins. A decade ago, who would have thought you could buy new, mesh plate 300B's as you can today. Everything good springs from spirited debate.

speaker

Just over two years ago people thought I and a couple others were nuts for saying that "digital" ie Tripath amps sounded pretty good. It started a war on several forums. Now people are thinking differently. Well, not all. It demonstrated just how rigid many minds actually are!

I currently run one of VinnieR's battery powered Tripath ClariT amps and it is just outstanding. Tubey mids, clear highs and the battery PSU lends astonishing bass control and transient impact.

It is my current standard, and contains the same 2024 chipset as the redoubtable Sonic Impact, but completely optimized. Have a look at the future....[redwineaudio.com]

Thank you Pierre,Dmason and Jmateus, those faces i made some weeks ago

With a pen camera in front of the mirror and distorted colours and dimensions...also put a carbon paint on my face.

Made on purpose, to have fun with those guys that talk bad words against JLH designs and class D.

I happy you appreciate.

Je suis le pére de la beauté.... la plus grand representacion de la magnificence de lès audiophile de le monde.

hehe

Carlos

And Santos Dumont was the first to fly around the Eiffel tower, and before

The Wrigth brothers ... those time, those man was trying and hitting nose against beach sand.

And Santos Dumont, Bresilienne, made this fly..... start with engine, get speed and go to the Paris Skies making several turns around the pretty tower...and landed without hit his body.

But, beeing a gay..... was erased from History.

But we have proofs.

Carlos

Hi,

Detail and "focus" are something that seems to come rather easy even to crappy class D's, it's almost hard to miss.

Some people still seem to think semiconductors can't make for a good amplifier regardless of class, these types aren't the ones you'll ever convince otherwise. They've latched onto a particular audio myth and will die with it. I don't think it makes them smart, but rather ignorant.

The guy may be bright in his field of programming but it doesn't mean he's got any clue whatsoever.

Speaker said there is a place for these people too, I agree, someone has to buy the lesser amplifiers :)

Of course in this case serious quality class d's haven't actually been around very long and not everyone is so diligent in their research. Some will come up to speed and others will stay ignorant, so be it.

Cheers

ClassD4sure, i agree with you, and all guys in that thread, even with the German

As i know this guy, and he is intelligent and not ignorant of the matter....he is resistant.... very strong resistance he make...but i will work hard to call him to our side, as he is a competent designer too....class AB very good designer and good ears he have...this chucrute is a very good sample of German guys.

Well, people makes noise but the carriage goes passing...that's it.

Regards,

Carlos

Class D adherents

ClassD4sure

I'm sorry man, I don't think is a matter of being ignorant...
I think is more a fact of being resistant to the coming events...and
as a matter of fact class D is not yet so divulged as to have everybody
aware of that fact.
I think ignorance is terrible when people DON'T WANT to see or hear,
ignorance per se could be a matter of not knowing for the lack of
information but not being open minded enough is even worse...

Carlos was using his gun on himself, but I think he should use it on
somebody who DON'T WANT to hear and much less open his mind....

Ignorance = Bliss, ...so dont pity him.

One of the outstanding characteristics of Class D is its ability to control speaker drivers. It means drivers can perform far better than when used with any other amp topology. It seems to me that one can wring outstanding sonics from lesser speakers and drivers. This is not mentioned often. It means that when used with outstanding speakers, the overall system quality is ramped up way beyond what one gets with "great" SS and tube amps.

I for one, recently realized I had lost my taste for thermionic distortion. An interesting anecdote from a reformed Pentodist Preacher.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.