Class D is nonaudiophile, not hi fi system, they are saying that! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th March 2005, 02:20 PM   #11
Pierre is offline Pierre  France
Banned

pretty faces!
Old 9th March 2005, 02:25 PM   #12
dmason is offline dmason  United States
diyAudio Member

Just over two years ago people thought I and a couple others were nuts for saying that "digital" ie Tripath amps sounded pretty good. It started a war on several forums. Now people are thinking differently. Well, not all. It demonstrated just how rigid many minds actually are!

I currently run one of VinnieR's battery powered Tripath ClariT amps and it is just outstanding. Tubey mids, clear highs and the battery PSU lends astonishing bass control and transient impact.

It is my current standard, and contains the same 2024 chipset as the redoubtable Sonic Impact, but completely optimized. Have a look at the future....[redwineaudio.com]
Old 9th March 2005, 02:28 PM   #13
jmateus is offline jmateus  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Audiophile or not audiophile

That's understandable, it's human nature to resist to any change
to the "status quo".......
Old 9th March 2005, 02:34 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Pierre,Dmason and Jmateus, those faces i made some weeks ago

With a pen camera in front of the mirror and distorted colours and dimensions...also put a carbon paint on my face.

Made on purpose, to have fun with those guys that talk bad words against JLH designs and class D.

I happy you appreciate.

Je suis le pére de la beauté.... la plus grand representacion de la magnificence de lès audiophile de le monde.

hehe

Carlos
Old 9th March 2005, 02:37 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default And Santos Dumont was the first to fly around the Eiffel tower, and before

The Wrigth brothers ... those time, those man was trying and hitting nose against beach sand.

And Santos Dumont, Bresilienne, made this fly..... start with engine, get speed and go to the Paris Skies making several turns around the pretty tower...and landed without hit his body.

But, beeing a gay..... was erased from History.

But we have proofs.

Carlos
Old 9th March 2005, 02:46 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default They said image is out of focus, the detail was not good

The thing was not deep enougth....i think they are confused, they are talking about movie films, camera adjustment alike focus and deepth focusing field.

Carlos
Old 9th March 2005, 03:02 PM   #17
Account Disabled

Send a message via AIM to classd4sure Send a message via MSN to classd4sure
Hi,

Detail and "focus" are something that seems to come rather easy even to crappy class D's, it's almost hard to miss.

Some people still seem to think semiconductors can't make for a good amplifier regardless of class, these types aren't the ones you'll ever convince otherwise. They've latched onto a particular audio myth and will die with it. I don't think it makes them smart, but rather ignorant.

The guy may be bright in his field of programming but it doesn't mean he's got any clue whatsoever.

Speaker said there is a place for these people too, I agree, someone has to buy the lesser amplifiers

Of course in this case serious quality class d's haven't actually been around very long and not everyone is so diligent in their research. Some will come up to speed and others will stay ignorant, so be it.

Cheers
Old 9th March 2005, 03:10 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default ClassD4sure, i agree with you, and all guys in that thread, even with the German

As i know this guy, and he is intelligent and not ignorant of the matter....he is resistant.... very strong resistance he make...but i will work hard to call him to our side, as he is a competent designer too....class AB very good designer and good ears he have...this chucrute is a very good sample of German guys.

Well, people makes noise but the carriage goes passing...that's it.

Regards,

Carlos
Old 9th March 2005, 03:24 PM   #19
jmateus is offline jmateus  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Class D adherents

ClassD4sure

I'm sorry man, I don't think is a matter of being ignorant...
I think is more a fact of being resistant to the coming events...and
as a matter of fact class D is not yet so divulged as to have everybody
aware of that fact.
I think ignorance is terrible when people DON'T WANT to see or hear,
ignorance per se could be a matter of not knowing for the lack of
information but not being open minded enough is even worse...

Carlos was using his gun on himself, but I think he should use it on
somebody who DON'T WANT to hear and much less open his mind....
Old 9th March 2005, 03:29 PM   #20
dmason is offline dmason  United States
diyAudio Member

Ignorance = Bliss, ...so dont pity him.

One of the outstanding characteristics of Class D is its ability to control speaker drivers. It means drivers can perform far better than when used with any other amp topology. It seems to me that one can wring outstanding sonics from lesser speakers and drivers. This is not mentioned often. It means that when used with outstanding speakers, the overall system quality is ramped up way beyond what one gets with "great" SS and tube amps.

I for one, recently realized I had lost my taste for thermionic distortion. An interesting anecdote from a reformed Pentodist Preacher.

Hide this!Advertise here!