Has anybody experience with the ICEpower ASP modules?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used Panasonic FC series caps in my icepowers but the sound lost its tubey character and became too bright. Caps were replaced after few days with Nichicon PF (M) series. This time there was sufficient amount of lower frequencies but the bass was soft and uniformed. I bought some ELNA RJH series on ebay - these were closest to Vishay`s RVI136 but not such `juicy`and full like the original. I finally got the BCC caps and they are just perfect in the implementation of B&O Icepower.

iwok,

Really? I didn't know the E-cap brand names will matter the sound characteristics. In fact, I am building an PSU + Digital amplifier myself using Zetex solutions. I may want to try out different E-caps to see its differences.

Which BCC series are you using, can you send me an spec sheet or URL?

Maybe this is mentioned above but just a reminder, be sure you're clear on whether the modules have any protection against shorts, dc - a little discussion by 2 engineers here (Jack Hidley, formerly of NHT) and here

"I’ve had a lot of experience with the 500A modules and even more with the 500ASP modules. I’ve gained most of experience because of the failure with causes by the lack protection these modules offer, generally caused by customer errors. The only protection the 500A modules offer is under-voltage per B&O; this is why we quit using them on our customers’ product." - EJ Sarmento, Wyred 4 Sound

"I completely agree about the total lack of protection circuitry on the B&O modules. It was very shortsighted of B&O to not include anything and especially dumb to not disclose this for a long time. For both the P2 and P5, we had to build an extra PCB to add all of the normal protection to the amplifier. Shorts, DC, etc. Any power amplifier without these basic protection circuits is just not acceptable." - Jack Hidley, ex NHT

grounding B&O 200ASC module

I am wondering how to ground 2 B&O ASC200 boards in a metal housing. The datasheet does not say anything about this. Other B&O modules are connected directly ground-to-housing. Other with 10K//30nF or even 10K//10nF to ground. Hope anyone could give advise in this.
I did obtain 2 B&O ASC200 boards on Ebay, these are offered by someone from Taiwan.
Wim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.