Sounds good, i like it, you may appreciate too. - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2005, 09:34 PM   #21
subwo1 is offline subwo1  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris, no, it uses two N-channels, but it does need a diode between the two MOSFETs. That clue should pretty much give away how it is done. I am not sure if it really can work for classD, but it does seem to have potential in an SMPS. I have to think about it more while working on the latter circuit. I suspect that the distortion is not as good as in a symmetrically driven circuit like the classic UcD.
Old 29th January 2005, 09:47 PM   #22
Account Disabled

Send a message via AIM to classd4sure Send a message via MSN to classd4sure
Hi Sub,

Yeah I thought it would require some sort of rectification trickery.

The thing is, You can also turn the body diode off by using a series diode, power lost in it is substantial.

.... How fast are SCR's?
Old 29th January 2005, 11:46 PM   #23
subwo1 is offline subwo1  United States
diyAudio Member

Ooo, SCRs are very slow, to my knowledge. Yes, I am finding that if the output inductor does not give enough kick-back the rise time is slow in the idea I mentioned. I also am not sure how much shoot-through there is, since there is very little time between when the lower MOSFET pulls down the upper's gate and when it has to block. I tend to think that so long as the body diode was not conducting, the shoot-through should be minimal. I do not see any mega current spikes on the upper MOSFET, but I am amazed how much circulating current it seems to be showing. I did play with this type of thing with real parts in a quickie amp experiment, but I can't remember if it was classD or not.
Old 11th February 2005, 09:21 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Hey guys!!! i found service manual, and a very good site to have manuals free.

This is the adress...you must type the model and the Brand name...the factory name.

Sometimes you just write "audio" or "TV" and the Brand, alike "JVC" and you have good answers.

Have to register....but this is easy...type there and ready!

http://fileshare.eshop.bg/index.php?what=search2

I will post the site main page image.

This system is discrete.... only some auxiliary op amps, and some 7400...but the output is not with chips...it is using FETs!.

Have fun.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg register.jpg (85.0 KB, 280 views)
Old 11th February 2005, 09:38 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default If you have not Winrar, go to this Brazilian site, hundreds of free programs!

Go to
www. baixaki.ig.com.br

this adress:

http://baixaki.ig.com.br/site/detail2657.htm

will send you direct to download are, just click in the green arrow.

A good chance to learn some Portuguese, the world sixth language. Enormous quantity of people talking.

This site has all world hi resolution pictures, also hundreds of freeware and shareware software...and the brazilian spirit, you are deeply welcome!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baixaki.jpg (82.4 KB, 234 views)
Old 11th February 2005, 09:47 AM   #26
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Carlos, if you want to send me the rar files I will host them on my webspace Click the email button below.
Old 11th February 2005, 10:17 AM   #27
Account Disabled

Send a message via AIM to classd4sure Send a message via MSN to classd4sure
Quote:
This system is discrete.... only some auxiliary op amps, and some 7400...but the output is not with chips...it is using FETs!.
So, Ok, it uses mosfets for the output. What of the modulator? Is it IC based, discrete SODA... any idea?

Winrar is a great program, you can also use it to create zip type files if you want to add something to the forum here.

Regards
Old 11th February 2005, 10:17 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry, could not understand...do you want the winrar or the Philips rar files?

I think you asked the Winrar program, no problem, just tell me, it is small.

Rigth Ritchiboy?

And if you want the Philips Service Manual, no trouble also, just tell me....it is big...hehe...but i can push a big (file) on you (ahahahaha....having fun!)

I am sorry, those language details, those simple daily use language is terrible to me, sometimes confuses me, or most of the times confuses me.

www.baixaki.com.br

This adress will work better.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th February 2005, 10:20 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Richie00boy, this internal forum adress may be problem to attach files.

Give me your direct mail adress.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th February 2005, 10:21 AM   #30
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Carlos, I already have WinRAR, if you send me the rar files then I can host them to save everybody having to register at the site. Send me a message by the email button, then I will email you back and you can send me the files to my email address then. I do not want to publish my email address on here.

EDIT: Hold on, I'm stupid. I will just click your email button then you will get my email address.

Hide this!Advertise here!