Ma240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new UcD implementation http://www.audioart.nl/nl/products/ma240.html
Would be great if somebody translate it to english..
<<
De Van Medevoort MA240 geïntegreerde stereo-versterker is opgebouwd met zeer snelle voorversterkertrappen, de revolutionaire Philips® UCD klasse "D" eindversterker techniek en twee overgedimensioneerde voedingen.
Specificaties: vermogen
dempingsfactor
ingangsimpedantie
ingangsspanning max.
bandbreedte
kanaalscheiding
vervorming
signaal / ruis verhouding
ingangen / aansluitingen
uitgangen / aansluitingen
voeding
opgenomen vermogen
gewicht
maten b x h (h+voeten) x d > 2x 80 Watt / 4 Ohm
1000 - 1200
50 kOhm
3 Volt rms
1,5 - 40.000 Hz
> 100 dB
< 0,002 %
> 100 dB
5 / cinch - 1 / XLR
2 / 5 wegs aansluitklem
230 Volt / 50 Hz
6/15-200 Watt stb/min-max
10 kg
434 x 88 (102) x 410 mm
>>

IVX said:
The new UcD implementation http://www.audioart.nl/nl/products/ma240.html
Would be great if somebody translate it to english..
<<
De Van Medevoort MA240 ge�Etegreerde stereo-versterker is opgebouwd met zeer snelle voorversterkertrappen, de revolutionaire Philips® UCD klasse "D" eindversterker techniek en twee overgedimensioneerde voedingen.
Specificaties: vermogen
dempingsfactor
ingangsimpedantie
ingangsspanning max.
bandbreedte
kanaalscheiding
vervorming
signaal / ruis verhouding
ingangen / aansluitingen
uitgangen / aansluitingen
voeding
opgenomen vermogen
gewicht
maten b x h (h+voeten) x d > 2x 80 Watt / 4 Ohm
1000 - 1200
50 kOhm
3 Volt rms
1,5 - 40.000 Hz
> 100 dB
< 0,002 %
> 100 dB
5 / cinch - 1 / XLR
2 / 5 wegs aansluitklem
230 Volt / 50 Hz
6/15-200 Watt stb/min-max
10 kg
434 x 88 (102) x 410 mm
>>

OK, I`ll do it for you.

The Van Medevoort MA240 integrated stereoamplifier is built with very fast pre-amplifier stages, the revolutionary Philips UCD class "D" poweramp technology and two overdimensioned power supplies.

The specs are:

Power: > 2x 80 Watt / 4 Ohm
Damping factor: 1000-1200
Input impedance: 50 kOhm
max. input voltage: 3 Volt rms
Bandwidth: 1.5 - 40000 Hz
Channel separation: > 100 dB
Distortion: < 0,002 %
Signal/Noise ratio: > 100 dB
Input connections: 5 / cinch - 1 / XLR
Output connections: 2 / 5 way connector??
Supply: 230 Volt / 50 Hz
Power consumption: 6/15-200 Watt stb/min-max
Weight: 10 kg
Size w x h (h+feet) x d: 434 x 88 (102) x 410 mm

You see, Dutch is not that difficult.

Best regards

Gertjan

Don't have the link to the review anymore, but I did read it a while back... the reviewer named it "component of the year" or something like that.

He was being very lyrical about the amp, saying it doesn't sound digital at all, also debunking the myth that all class-d amps are digital...

Like all reviewers he's claiming that the amp comes veeery veeery close to his own multi-mega-$$$ amps but just couldn't better it. (don't you love audiophile reviews :D )

Also some lines about the feel of endless reserves of power, and the last bit of air missing in the high frequencies.

The cost of this integrated is under 1000 euro's, so it's exceptional value for money.

It's the impression most ppl seem to get from a good class-D design?

Well,

Most die-hard audiophiles (i'm a hifi-addict myself, but I have my limits :angel: ) think class-d is for subwoofers only... it used to be, but you have to keep an open mind when it comes to technology.

In the super high-end world things tend to be very conservative - tubes, class-a designs, etc. etc... class-d is way to new!

So if a guy like this, who probably thought that class-d meant digital (ugly word in high-end), appreciates the sound of a UcD design, and compares it to huge monoblocks that almost need their own nuclear core, well then I guess Class D is the future!

I'm dying to hear it myself :D - and the first time I'll hear it will be from my DIY built Hypex based amp... can't wait!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.