UCD400 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mevangel said:
What is the sensitivity of a UCD400 module?
Can a AD8620 buffered module be directly driven by a CD player or tuner?

Yes definitely, the input impedance of UcD400AD is 100kOhm, so it is easy to drive. I drive them directly with the balanced variable output of my CD player. The CD player is currently set up to deliver 1.25VRMS max because that matches my other amp nicely, but for the UcD400 I would consider upping that a notch (to 2.25VRMS) because the gain is slightly lower.

mevangel said:
The requested 500W power supply transformer is for a single module or for a stereo version (two modules)?

You can probably get away with driving two modules with it, but of course one module per transformer is preferable :)

mevangel said:
Hello hansen,
thanky you for reply.
With a standard 2V out of a cd-player, do we get full power from a UCD400?
The question about the transformer was if 500W is the power needed for one or two UCD400 modules.
Regards.
Marco

Yes, the gain is 26dB, so a factor 20. This means 40V output voltage. Assuming that the 2V you quote is the RMS value, it would mean the output would be 40V RMS which corresponds with exactly 400W in 4Ohm.

Best regards

Gertjan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.