556 Timer IC 723 regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a schematic in a older book that uses the ne556 dual timer and a 723 regulator for the switching power supply. I am wondering if this system has since become obsolete? I haven't found anyone using these chips so im kinda wondering. Here is some of the perdinant data.
556 based oscillator/PWM Trigger pulse width slightly larger than 1us(micro sec)
it switches at 41KHz
ton median pulse width is 12us(micro s)

it takes 12vdc and converts to 24V dc and i was looking to modify it to take 14.4(car) and output 30+v I was going to build two of them for a split power supply.
I am looking to power a 50Wx2 rms amp based on 2 LM3875 chips like gainclones. If I'm heading in the wrong with this power supply please let me know.

hmm i thought that was the simpler approach...
I thought that class D would be not be suitable to a full range application. I only know of one Xant class D that is full range. I would like for it to be able to 50x2 full range and 100W Lp bridged. If class D is what would give better sound I guess thats what Im looking for....
Efficiency isn't really a concern because even 55% efficiency is 182W and about 12.6A. My 2 rockford amps draw around 90A.
Do you know of a schematic online that would meet my needs or that could be easily modified? I need +-35 to 40v split pwer supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.