Properly sizing transformers for Class D amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not so precise...meter needle weigth...this is not so good

So, in the reality, you can reduce 20 percent the power measured, so, will reach the 80 percent normal efficiency.

Dinamics are wonderfull....distortion is reasonable with volume all the way up.

But have not AC ampere meter....maybe in the future, opening enclosure, i will check voltage and current both rails to calculate the consumption reflected in transformer primary.

Go ahead with supply, thank you and sorry to scape, just a little, the main thread subject.

Please...go to the track again.

regards,

Carlos

Another power supply design question:

For UcD400's, what cable should I be using from the bridge to the caps/caps to modules? Is 2.5mm enough? multiple strands or massive cable?

3 days, and still waiting for hypex to ship... i'm sooooo curious... maybe i'll start the power supply design this weekend.

:D

Just a note to people searching for transformer sizing as per the original thread title, whilst my calculations and methodology throughout this thread are valid, my assumption of the average current drawn by a class-d amp was not. Thanks to a couple of posts by Jaka Racman in the "UcD180 questions" thread, I understand that the average current is less than that which would be for a class-b amp, therefore the transformer does not need to be as large.

A reasonable rule of thumb is that the class-d amp draws 0.68x the current of the class-b amp/load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.