220VAC to 12VDC conversion - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2004, 09:16 AM   #1
ioanno is offline ioanno  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up 220VAC to 12VDC conversion

hello, diyaudio people,
* I am a freshman to diy electronics... so you help me if you do not use abbreviations

*I want to use 12 V car amplifier (see http://www.supertech.info/products.html > STA-200 in the house.. I have a transformer; which parts do I use to convert and stabilize from 220ACV50Hetz to 12DCV?
*could you mail me a diagram with parts, or refer me to one on the web?

thank you,
greetings, ioanno
Old 21st December 2004, 12:24 PM   #2
SudFab is offline SudFab  France
diyAudio Member

Hello Ianno,

You can simply make a power supply unit with a transformer, followed by a diode bridge and a capacitor.

To improve this, you can use CRC ( capacitor-resistor-capacitor ) or a LRL ( inductor-resistor-inductor ) instead of a simple capacitor.

To improve, or sorry, try another solution, you can use a regulated power supply... but it is a little bit more complicated

I guess you can find any schematic of that using google or doing a search on this forum with "power supply" or "PSU".

In all cases, voltage is one parameter. You have, at least, to make sure the min current delivery of your PSU is higher than the max current comsumption of your amplifier.

Hope this can help.

Fabien

Hide this!Advertise here!