Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2004, 10:23 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Arrow Help on using LM319 in Single Supply Configuration

Hi Class-D Experts,
Will you please help us in determining the right position of LM319 Comparators "VGnd" to be connected.
In Single Supply operation , The + VCC would be given + supply and Negative VCc will be Ground. Then what will be the adequate position of VGnd pin of open collector side,
Is it can be connected to Ground or will be connected to half of total supply.

PLease Help.

Regards,
Ampman
Old 13th December 2004, 10:47 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

On the first page of the data-sheet you see an example where GND and V- are tied together. Whether you may do this or not depends on the voltages involved. There is a remark on the page that shows the internal schematic diagram saying that one should not exceed 15 Volts between V+ and ground.

Regards

Charles
Old 13th December 2004, 11:02 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Arrow ThanX for help but one more question SIR

Quote:
Originally posted by phase_accurate
On the first page of the data-sheet you see an example where GND and V- are tied together. Whether you may do this or not depends on the voltages involved. There is a remark on the page that shows the internal schematic diagram saying that one should not exceed 15 Volts between V+ and ground.

Regards

Charles

ThanX Charles, But I would like state that, i want to use LM319 with Single supply of VCC + 15 Volts.

At output I want to Connect 2 XOR gates to get out of phase signals, while the inputs are fed with triangle and audio at + and - pins respectively. The XOR's are also using same VCc 15 Volts. So can I connect V- and GND together or not, Please help.

Regards,
ampman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pwmss.jpg (30.1 KB, 198 views)
Old 13th December 2004, 11:34 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

LM319s can be used in single supply applications, but the absolute max supply is +18v between V+ and GND.

Simply connect V+ to +15V, V- to 0V, GND to 0V, and the output is open collector, so it needs a pull-up to +15V (or +5V or whatever you need the output swing to be).

I suggest you decouple the supplies close to the chip though.

Don't forget that the input voltage range needs to keep within the supply range, so you will need to ensure the input stays between 0V and +15V.
Old 13th December 2004, 11:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Arrow reply

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouroboros
LM319s can be used in single supply applications, but the absolute max supply is +18v between V+ and GND.

Simply connect V+ to +15V, V- to 0V, GND to 0V, and the output is open collector, so it needs a pull-up to +15V (or +5V or whatever you need the output swing to be).

I suggest you decouple the supplies close to the chip though.

Don't forget that the input voltage range needs to keep within the supply range, so you will need to ensure the input stays between 0V and +15V.

ThanX Ouroboros for the help,
I will use 15V for supply and connect it as you have suggested.

Regards,
ampman

Hide this!Advertise here!