Low-cost active crossover module for Hypex UcD amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is Hypex planning to release a low cost active crossover module that could be integrated with UcD amps for active 2-way or 3-way monitors?

To start, you could use the subwoofer crossover from the HS200 plate amps, 4th order/24db variable from 50-150Hz.

Dennis Murphy in Madisound is asking for an integrated solution, (active crossover and amps), for a 2-way with the crossover point between 2-3k Hz.
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/discuss.cgi?read=325388

He put emphasis on simple, prefab active crossover that is integrated with the amps (like a stereo plate amp). So, the DCX2496 or Marchand would not do.

thanks,

Al

I have been looking at building a 3 way active crossover system using Hypex amp modules. Their plate amps didnt suit as they were all 2 channel so I thought the DLCP worth looking at. All I want at the moment is one XLR input to each LS and no cables running between them. I would need two DLCP boards.
I have downloaded all I can find from Hypex to get to try and get to grips with the board functionality and operation.- but so far have failed. All the paperwork I can find goes straight into techspeak, nothing gives an overview of the functionality of the board for someone new to the active filter scene. The downloaded software requires connection to a board to evaluate it.
e.g. Does the board have its own test signal generator to drive the LS?
How does one get feedback from the LS back into the DLCP to do a comparison of filter settings agains actual LS response. There is mention in the user manual that this is explained in the data sheet - I cant find anything.

I fortunately found the mini DSP site which gives one an excellent overview of their approach.

I am unhappy driving blind, can anyone suggest how a newbie to active filters gets to grip with this Hypex board and their approach to setting filter response, sending test signals to the LS and comparing the results of the LS output against filter settings.

Any guidance appreciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.