LC ZAPpulse Amplifier Q & A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Duck Twacy: You can see now the upgrade path and prices on the link above.

The XE modules have become expensive, due to the extended adjustment, selection and testing of each module. We want there is enough time to make sure each single module has absolutely perfect performance. This is our state of the art product!

But as you can also see the complete amplifier is still possible to build for an incredible low price.

Lars Clausen said:
Duck Twacy: You can see now the upgrade path and prices on the link above.

The XE modules have become expensive, due to the extended adjustment, selection and testing of each module. We want there is enough time to make sure each single module has absolutely perfect performance. This is our state of the art product!

But as you can also see the complete amplifier is still possible to build for an incredible low price.

Hi Lars,
Yes the upgrade path is a nice touch.

But if used with my current 45 VAC powersupplies, I guess the power will be about the same as with my 2.2SE?

Anyway nice to see some development.

LC Audio Sync Generator

Lars, I asked the question below to Brenda at the 7th of July. So far no reply:
Hi Brenda, I start building my 6-channel ZAPpulse 2.3SE main amp. I also use the Sync Generator. I'm running at 50VAC (72VDC). Can I use this power supply to feed the Sync Generator? There is +60V written on it ;-(

At http://www.lcaudio.com/index.php?page=64 you can read this:
IMPORTANT NOTICE We have discovered a sideeffect of syncronizing the ZAPpulse modules, we describe as Mode Jumping. This shows itself only on some loudspeakers, and not on others. At high output powers, a small piano noise is audible, often only in some of the channels. We have found the cause and the solution, that can be implemented on next generation Sync. modules. Therefore, anybody who have purchased the sync. module will get a new upgraded module free of charge when they are ready in mid October 2004.

How can I see if I have the right version? The only information written on it is L C Audio 2004 and 3 2204 (and +60v and GND).

Hear from you ;-)

Best regards, Theo

Sync generator

Hi lars,

At the end of 2004 i ordered the 2 chan sync gen and a clock for the Teac CD player and paid in advance. The clock was received (which is marvelous) without a sync gen. A member (Henrik?) of your staff explained that you were working on an improved sync gen. When will it be available to me? I saw it is not in the LC pricelist anymore, so i am puzzeld.

Best regards, Rob Fens.

Lars thanx, good to hear that.
Here's a picture from my project. The 6-channel main amp consists of 2 cabinets. One containing the transformers, DC filter, soft-start and mains-filter and the second (this one) containing the 6 ZAPpulses 2.3SE and 3 Predator power supplies ...

Attachments

• cimg0085.jpg
    cimg0085.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 416
Lars, while you look into it, you might want to find a sync module for me too!
I've bought 6 2.2.SE modules a 18 months or so ago and I was waiting for the sync module prior to starting my 6-channel amp.

You told me over the phone and by email that even upgrading to the 2.3SE version wouldn't entirely solve my problem, so... I'm waiting for the darn thing!!!
Thanks!

Hi Lars

Please have s look at this PS desig by Dejan V. Veselinovic 'Designing your own power supply' ... ttp://www.zero-distortion.com/start.htm, and tell me what you think?

An SMPS for the zappluse 2.3/700 modules? Well, that is a question in itself? Is there an SMPS solution?

Other than size and weight, A 1KVA tranformer supply with this PS design, does an amazing job. Can a SMPS solution control noise and supply suffient voltage and current to u-pass a tradional transformer PS.

Lars, you are the knowledgeable one wrsto this, what are your thoughts?.

Can an SMPS be better than a traditional PS? We need to think along the lines of, amp ripple/noise (crucial), output impedance (crucial), current and voltage delivery (crucial).

Lars, Have I missed anything?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.