DC-DC Power converter for Class T amp power supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Acon Inc. 12 VDC-to-12 VDC converter in my shop. I was wondering if it would be advantageous to hook this up inline between my 12 VDC battery charger and my 12 VDC SLA battery that powers my Class T Tripath (modified Sonic Impact 5066) amplifier?

What is the advantage of using a DC-DC converter, if any?

I have another Sonic Impact that is powered straight from a "wall wart" (120 VAC-to12 VDC) power supply. Would the DC-DC converter be advantageous if placed in between this transformer and the Tripath amp?

Thanks,
Robert

I highly doubt it will matter. The DC-DC converter, in this case, looks like nothing more than a 1:1 transformer. It will provide electrical isolation, as subwo1 said, but it will not do anything else. Since the SI5066 should have some type of overcurrent protection, and it is not a current hog, I don't see the reason to use the DC-DC converter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.