Amplifier 3000 Wats Rms Power + Smps Higcht Power Bestiality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HELLO I AM CONSTRULLENDO, AN AMPLIFIER OF 3000 WATIOS RMS, And E I THROW A TRANSFORMER,OF 30 CENTIMETERS OF DIAMETER LIKE A DONUTS. THE PAGINA WEB IS THIS.
WWW.MARAVILLASAUDIO.COM

MY QUESTION IS THE :
I HAVE TWO CONDENSERS OF 20,000 MF And 110 VOLTS, IF THE VOLTAGE HAPPENS OF 110 VOLTS, IT CAN EXPLODE? Or The CONDENSER ****ES OF ACIDO?

THAT WAS THE QUESTION.

Attachments

• fig1.gif
    fig1.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,134
Capacitors

Capacitor voltage ratings are the voltage they can withstand indefinitely. This is the voltage at the top of the tipple or the voltage you would have at no load on them. Putting 110VDC on a 110VDC capacitor is pushing it but when you get a bit more, like when you get a high line condition, the cap will not explode, at least not right away. However, it's operating life may be shortened. As well, the oxide layer will grow thicker inside the capacitor, reducing it's value.

High line is not uncommmon. I was in Oporto Portugal two months ago and I measured 250VAC coming from the wall in a recording studio in an industrial park.

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.