Help with class D repair please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a class D amplifier I am trying to repair. It just keeps blowing fusses. I replaced one of the transistors on the power supply side because it was leaking current when the amp wasn't turned on. The PWM is suppossed to be a fixed frequency varying duty cycle design. I have this this regulated to 12V 1.5 amps. When I turn it on the voltage goes down to 7V because its current limited. I can get it to start switching but at about a 50% duty cycle. I don't have a schematic for this amplifier so I am working in the dark here. Any suggestions.

it could be the PSU too...maybe you can try to remove the power amplifier and test the power supply...since its a switcher, it needs a load to start..measure the input resistance of the ampl and use a high power resistor of the same value to load the PSU...then try and see if the psu is limiting...atleast this way you can eliminate one possibility

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.