UcD400 Q & A

Jam;[/i] Jan-Peter said:
There are already more as >1.000.000,00 channels produce with the same coil as in the UcD180.

Jan-Peter, it's unbelievable!! 100 millions UcD's which have the same coil, and seems there is some quantity with other coils.. Where is this ocean of the UcD's, on the stock? All this UcD's put one by one, would be way from you to me and back again, i'm sure..
100000000 pieces it isn't wrong?[/quote]

Sanders is right I wrote 1 millions.....

However Philips is using the UcD design in a lot of there own products. So I think this quantity must be probably entering more the 10 millions quantity. Don't forget that one Home Theater Amplifiers means at least 5 UcD channels ;)

Regards,

Jan-Peter

tried my UCD 400's last night, and they sounded OK.
Had some humm problem. Solved this by putting 10 in series with the ground at the input where the - comes together with the screening of the input cable.
1 module gets a bit hotter than the other module. JP is there a way to adjust the optimal idling current? I have the 'on' wire permanantly grounded because I use a DC protection relay that takes all the plopping or whatever noise of on/off switching away.
It only switches on when the output DC offset is lower than 100mv. Putting it on full power and a 20Hz square causes the protect unit to activate. No problem, better well protected than be sorry!
JP, how much idling current does an amp. use?
Testing it with Wharfdale 9.1 boxes shows no sonic difference with the NAD C162/C272 system in direct A/B comparison. Switching A/B is done through a heavy duty relay switch.
Have to test it yet with my Driades. Amp. stays quite cool but still needs some cooling. Very pleased with the sytem. PSU is toroid 300VA/2x35V, Left and right channel have each a 8A rectifier with BHC 10.000uF/63V caps(4 in total).

finished!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A 2ch UcD400 with ad8620 opamps for the front speakers and a 3ch UcD180 for center and rear speakers. I'm waiting for a couple of relays to be included in the softstart pcb's; after they arrive i'll further clip the transformer wires and finalize the wiring...

matjans said:
finished!

A 2ch UcD400 with ad8620 opamps for the front speakers and a 3ch UcD180 for center and rear speakers. I'm waiting for a couple of relays to be included in the softstart pcb's; after they arrive i'll further clip the transformer wires and finalize the wiring...

Looks nice already. Hope it sounds great.

This week I received 8 UcD400s for my active system and also got the SMPS kits that I ordered. Need to assemble the SMPS kits first. Will test them and then check them out with the UcD400 modules. Will probably modify the SMPS feedback loop to be able to add bigger caps after the SMPS. Will let you know how it goes.

Gertjan