PCB for the Tripath TK2350 2x300W chipset

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the progress of makin´ a PCB for a stereo power amp module based on the TK2350 chipset. The PCB originates from a Tripath demo board but with some mods, including space for other selection of components (caps), bridging and possibly an optional different feedback path. The chipset drives external, onboard, MOSFETs and is rated at 2x300W into 4 ohms @+/- 45 volts or 1000W 4 ohms bridged. However, the chipset is rated to an absolute maximum of +/- 70V so there is some margin for boosting the power even higher.

I expect the PCB:s to be ready in mid november and they should have a price of around US$15. Everything needed for a complete stereo power amp module should be less than $100 but I have not made a proper calculation yet. Of course the cost depends on the components you use and where you buy them.

There is still time if you want to suggest changes for the PCB.

Yesterday I set up a new web site for this project and others. http://www.41hz.com

would a 2x50v 600VA or 1000VA fit that board?
The datasheet for the TK2350 gives +-65V max so with 50V secondaries, 600/1000VA and a quiescent current of only 60mA per channel you might exceed even 70V slightly.
That of course depends very much on the transformer itself but personally I would take a smaller one (lower voltage).
See datasheet for more info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.