diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   Lobbying for a Class D Forum (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/34245-lobbying-class-d-forum.html)

Bruno Putzeys 18th May 2004 08:14 AM

Lobbying for a Class D Forum

I've put up a "feature request" for a separate Class D section (forum). The technology is sufficiently different from other solid-state topologies and draws more than enough interest to warrant a proper home on the diyaudio site.

I'd like to encourage all switch-o-philes to go and vote for it. The forum would also cater for switch-mode power supplies.

Best regards,

Bruno

Jan-Peter 18th May 2004 12:16 PM

Mine Idee!

In future we will see more and more Class-D amplifiers. Thereby there will be a lot of new products available for the DIY community in the near future.

As far as I know Mueta will definatly come this year with there long awaited Driver IC.

The Class-D technology is so complicated and asks for new way of thinking for traditional analog liniear amplifier designers (as I am).

So for new hobbyiest who wants to get experience with Class-D this would be good idee to have a seperate section on the DIYaudio.com

Regards,

Jan-Peter

sfx 18th May 2004 02:33 PM

Great idea!
There are already many different threads dedicated to Class D, one of them already 37 pages long, discussing at least 5 different projects (this one ), so there's definitely some interest.
I think there should be a dedicated "switchmode amplification" forum, to encourage people to post new threads, and take part in the discussion of this technology. Class D is just getting started, and there'll be a whole lot more to come! Considering the many different approaches which are already there (synchronous, self-oscillating, BCA, different feedback techniques...), there is a lot of potential for development. Let's get this thing started!

:D
Felix

phase_accurate 18th May 2004 03:33 PM

You can count me in.

Regards

Charles

skaara 18th May 2004 04:17 PM

I think that would be good too.

:smash:

subwo1 18th May 2004 04:49 PM

I like the idea.:Popworm:

IVX 18th May 2004 06:56 PM

Count me in too. Just let's move the exist threads about "switchmode technique" to the new forum for a warm starting.:wave:

wytco0 18th May 2004 09:17 PM

Yes please, I assume this will include other digital types like T.

leadbelly 18th May 2004 09:33 PM

You guys are probably "missing the boat" on this board. What is most neat about it to read interesting posts in various forums. What is the point of having a Class D forum that'll take weeks until the thread listing rolls onto a second page?

Jaka Racman 19th May 2004 05:50 AM

Quote:

What is the point of having a Class D forum that'll take weeks until the thread listing rolls onto a second page?
That is exactly the point. It is not about casual reading, but about high S/N ratio forum. I can assure you that the guy that started this thread is capable of 120dB S/N ratio posting. And it will not take weeks to fill one page. There are already 291 threads containing class d and 354 containing smsp.

BTW, the link for voting is here.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman