STA516B INPUT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The STA516B is a power switch bridge. It is intended to be used with a PWM modulator unit such as the Tripath TC2000 or TC2001 chip. By studying these datasheets you can learn about the interface between the modulator and the power bridge.
Tripath normally used their own TP2050 bridge that corresponds to an STA505.
HTTP 301 This page has been moved
Can i use comparators for such thing?

You can in theory.
To make your own modulator, in particular if you want low THD performance, is quite a job. And, far more costly than to buy a dedicated IC.
Unless you are quite experienced, I would not try.

Thank you. But can you tell me about any ic that i can use for this purpose. I would want a simple one. The sta311 is not what i can do. Like tc2000 is there any other alternative?

STA311 is a complicated chip.
What I assume you want is a more simple analog-to-PWM modulator, such as the TC2000/TC2001. I looked a bit around and cannot find anything similar to the TC2000. Back around the change of millennium when the TC2000 was designed, the power bridge was not included with the modulator chip. At least not for higher power levels. Today, the modulator and power bridge is one chip. I guess you can still buy the TC2000/TC2001 at a good price, but I know of no alternatives.

What you can do is to check the "SURE" line of class D (or T) amplifiers.
They still use bridges like the STA516. You can then try if you can find out which modulators they use. I'm pretty certain that some of their amplifiers also use TC2000/TC2001.

Last edited:
STA311 is a complicated chip.
What I assume you want is a more simple analog-to-PWM modulator, such as the TC2000/TC2001. I looked a bit around and cannot find anything similar to the TC2000. Back around the change of millennium when the TC2000 was designed, the power bridge was not included with the modulator chip. At least not for higher power levels. Today, the modulator and power bridge is one chip. I guess you can still buy the TC2000/TC2001 at a good price, but I know of no alternatives.

What you can do is to check the "SURE" line of class D (or T) amplifiers.
They still use bridges like the STA516. You can then try if you can find out which modulators they use. I'm pretty certain that some of their amplifiers also use TC2000/TC2001.

I will drop sta516 then. I will see if i get anything else to work with.
Thank u anyways.

STA516B

This part was designed to be driven with the STA309A, which has a DSP among other features, it has to be programmed with a micro controller.

A similar part is the TDA8924 etc, which can be driven with audio analog signals, but they have other problems.

You can contact me for more details.

John.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.