TPA3255 board to finished 2.1 bookshelf+sub setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I asked a similar question in the PC forum and people suggested software crossover solutions, but I'm looking to build a hardware solution.

I want to setup a simple 2.1 setup from my PC using a stereo amp board (probably TPA3255 3e audio or TPA3255EVM) to bookshelf speakers.

I am planning to use a powered subwoofer because I don't have the equipment to build my own sub enclosure. Also if I did build one it would be bound to be super ugly, haha!

Sorry if this is a simple question but what's the best solution to use a stereo amp board that has no volume controls on it in my setup? I think I need a 2-way crossover preamp with volume control but have been unable to find such a suitable board on ebay/aliexpress. All the volume boards I can find are fullrange, and the sub crossover boards don't have HF out, only sub out, so if I use one of them then the bookshelves will be running fullrange which is not what I think I need.

Can anyone suggest something I can use? I'm not married to the TPA3255 as the bookshelves I'm using will be smaller so I don't need all that power, but the THD specs on the TPA3255 seem to be the best, and it doesn't cost much more than the TPA3251.

Basically what I'm looking to make is a finished TPA3255 amp with a line-level sub out jack. What do I need?

MiniDSP is a solid choice for sure, the board is very capable to the task and you can also do some equalization.

Here is a cheaper option, with this you can still have crossovers for mains and for sub, and can adjust them with resistors

NEW ! ! 2.1 24dB/oct stereo active crossover single sub output Buttkicker PCB. | eBay

And here's the easiest and cheapest way, but I think this doesn't have filter for the main channels

DC 12V-24V Low-pass Filter NE5532 Subwoofer 2.1CH Pre-Amplifier Preamp Board New | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.