Hypex UCD180 HxR. No sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a pair of UCD180 HxR version from a guy who never had the time to build an amp. I use a transformer with 2 x 32v windings on each channel, and two 4700microF Rifa phe 169 on each channel. I connected the signalwires to a rca connection, like my drawing tells me. Connected the amp to my preamp...and there was no hiss, no hum, and no sound from my speakers!! Got about +/- 45 volts to each of the modules.
Whats wrong?

...pin 1 on J4 ? Applying DC voltage to this pin will put the amplifier in standby. Standby logic levels are: high>=3,3 V and low<=0,8 V

Has this changed on the later revisions :confused:

On my old modules (ucd180HG V2) it's pin 4 and it needs to be pulled low for the module to start:
attachment.php

I just measured a few mV on pin 4 on one of my modules with the blue led on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810_153015.jpeg
    Screenshot_20180810_153015.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 817
...just checked, enable pin has indeed changed :rolleyes:

stenak, please check which version you have - it's printed on the PCB
attachment.php

Enable pin is internal pull-up to 12V, recommended is an open-collector to GND - but I guess a small signal diode to GND will do/ or simply a bit of wire...

Attachments

• Hypex_silkscreen.jpg
    Hypex_silkscreen.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 854
Ucd 180"dead"

Have not done any checking of voltage etc, but it is +/- 45v on the modules. The red LEDs are shining..Here are some photos. Do not know how you can see what kind of ucd 180 this are?

Attachments

• ucd 1.jpg
    ucd 1.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 246
  • ucd 2.jpg
    ucd 2.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 104
  • ucd 3.jpg
    ucd 3.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 107
  • ucd 4.jpg
    ucd 4.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 136
  • ucd 5.jpg
    ucd 5.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 120
  • ucd 6.jpg
    ucd 6.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 85
Nevermind, you have the original 'manual'.

If you look at the 'manual' you see a switch from pin 4 to GND, this turns the amp ON.

In your picture you have nothing connected on pin 4, it's internally connected to 12V (with a resistor) keeping the amp OFF...

At least that's my interpretation....:)

Thanks to Kenta 16807 and Davey, and all the others on the forum. It is a great forum for us builders. You find ideas, good help. I think I have to stop building amps, preamps(most tubepre), rebuilding turntables, because I have no more space left... I will find a wire and connect the wire to these connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.