TDA7492P CSR8635 Bluetooth name programming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody.
I bought a couple of TDA7492P 50W * 2 Bluetooth Wireless 4.0 Audio Receivers. These boards use a CSR8635 Bluetooth module. Now I've been browsing through pages and forums for days on how to change the names displayed by Bluetooth on these modules (less for 8635, more 8645).
I want to give every board a unique name.

I found that there is a way with USB-SPI adapters and BlueSuite from CSR, special drivers for FT232RT Chips and so on. I explain what I done:
Boards: TDA7492P 50W*2 Bluetooth Wireless 4.0 Audio Receiver Digital Amplifier Board Neu | eBay

I found these pinout:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/proje...csr8635-module/?action=dlattach;attach=221132

I connected FT232RT (3,3V setting) breakout board with the pads on bottom the bluetooth modul.
GND - GND
DTR - SPI_CS with 220 ohm resistor

RTS - SPI_CLK with 220 ohm resistor
RI - SPI_MOSI with 220 ohm resistor
DSR - SPI_MISO with 220 ohm resistor

and SPI_PCM with 2,2K resistor to 1,8V

I use Zadig - USB driver installation made easy for driver switching. I switched to libusbk.
I installed CSR BlueSuite 2.5. After installing I exchanged all usbspi.dll in the programm folders with the one from GitHub - lorf/csr-spi-ftdi: USB SPI programmer/debugger for CSR BlueCore bluetooth chips, based on FTDI USB to UART converter, for Linux and Windows .

In windows devicemanager ist the correct FT232 driver (libusbk).
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now I start Bluetest3, select SPI, then it shows in second dropdown FT232R A9... After pushing ok the terminal log shows "failed to open FT232R A9..."
Whether as admin or normal user, the result is the same.

I hope that I can found help in this forum. Any hints where can the problem?

KS

Attachments

• bluetest3_1.JPG
    bluetest3_1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 518
  • bluetest3_2.JPG
    bluetest3_2.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 170
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.