Hypex nCore NC122MP grey sounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Because "pro audio" = "bad" sound? And/or "fancy" audio gear "needs" to use overpriced and overbuilt RCA connectors, instead of anyhing as "pedestrian" and technically functional as XLR's? :rolleyes:

Just speculating here...

Running mains, small signal and output untwisted and unshielded wires atop of the switching amplifier stages is not so brilliant design. AES48 balanced interconnection routine is also avoided.Why there is still kind of resistance of not using balanced interconnection in differential-input amplifiers? Sound System Interconnection

Sorry for OT but many modern pro audio rigs actually sounds ridiculously good (good mental excersise is to close the eyes and to forget that we are listening to 'pro' gear) and could easily put fancy audiophile stuff into shame outperforming it not only in shear loudness but also in clarity, imaging and tonal balance. This 'amp box' isn't the exception. Bad implementation will make even famous NCore sound like a crap.

Last edited:
Running mains, small signal and output untwisted and unshielded wires atop of the switching amplifier stages is not so brilliant design. AES48 balanced interconnection routine is also avoided.Why there is still kind of resistance of not using balanced interconnection in differential-input amplifiers? Sound System Interconnection

Both wiring faults should be easily modded, I guess? Going to buy one anyways :)

Hello aw1delft,

I am very curious about your experiences!
Let us know what you are going to do and what the result is.
Am also interested in what kind of equipment you are going to hang on.

The wiring of this amp is certainly not OK.
In connection with the exchange and money back possibility, I have not made changes to the wiring.

I wish you a lot of listening pleasure.

Greeting,

Veeren

Hallo aw1delft,

Ik ben erg benieuwd naar je ervaringen!
Laat ons weten wat je gaat doen en wat het resultaat is.
Ben ook geïnteresseerd in wat voor apparatuur je er verder aan gaat hangen.

De bedrading van deze amp is zeker niet in orde.
In verband met de omruil en geld terug mogelijkheid heb ik veranderingen aan de bedrading niet gedaan.

Vast veel luisterplezier toegewenst.

Groet, Veeren

8 level is impressive:D Did design from kwown stuff on the internet, the postfeedback however needs extensive calculation to get fase correction for from low pass, I get 8 x carrier and is now 3 Mhz. can thus do with easy get 250 Khz bandwith. But if this do for audio never tried, the special feedback circuit do very oke when it is calculated on the used low pass.

doing rebuild mine home I have not much time for electronic on this moment, but it get's done soon.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_2027 Feb. 08 22.17.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2027 Feb. 08 22.17.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 568
Hi Veeren

I know that this amp doesn’t come with input caps.

Were some input caps added in the end product you purchased?

I’m also considering buying the amp module and put it in an enclosure. I recently bought an IcePower 300 series I really enjoy and I’d like to compare it w N-Core to see what the hype is all about.

BR
Eric

Thermal design and mains connection to the sps

I have a couple of questions regarding thermal design in MP OEM power supply and amplifiers combo.

Is there a metal plate underneath the PCB? Is it made from aluminum?

Are power transistors coupled to such bottom plate?

Then is such bottom plate coupled to the bottom of the amplifier chassis with thermal grease?

Where do I get the plastic connectors to attach the mains phase and neutral to the board?

I am afraid that after twisting them they are going to get too short to reach the IEC socket so I will need to build a new complete set of cable plus connectors anyway for the mains...

I have a couple of questions regarding thermal design in MP OEM power supply and amplifiers combo.

Is there a metal plate underneath the PCB?

Yes
Is it made from aluminum?

Yes
Are power transistors coupled to such bottom plate?

Yes
Then is such bottom plate coupled to the bottom of the amplifier chassis with thermal grease?

Not necessary. The contact area is huge and power dissipation is low.
Where do I get the plastic connectors to attach the mains phase and neutral to the board?

Element14 is where I get them. They are a common JST connector.
I am afraid that after twisting them they are going to get too short to reach the IEC socket so I will need to build a new complete set of cable plus connectors anyway for the mains...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.