Power Supply for Ucd400HG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Building a mch Power amp for my bass system.
Depending upon configuration I need at least 4 ch. Worst case will be 16 so the amp must be scalable.
Bought a couple of Ucd400 for testing. Dead silent, ample power and not very expensive. I decided to base the Project on those.
Hypex have a couple of Power supplies to choose from and the big SMPS3kA400 is the most economical way to go for my project as one of those should be able to supply at least six Ucd400.
However:
"The SMPS3K is intended to power our range of high power amplifier modules. As a result, this SMPS product
does not feature the 2-quadrant operation as most of our other SMPS products do. Therefore, they are unable
to handle large reverse currents generated by half-bridge amplifiers operated at low frequencies. For this
reason, it is not advisable to use this SMPS to power half bridge amplifiers like our UcD700 and UcD400
modules when used in the frequency range below 100Hz. A workaround for this could be using the
UcD700/UcD400 in bridge mode, or reversing phase for half of the modules."

Does anyone have experience in theese matters? Can I be sure this works if I reverse phase for half of the modules? Hypex don't recommend it and say they will not support it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.