Jc Power amplifier goes into protection when I raise the volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, what's new? returning to say hello friends this time I have been asking for help with a jc power class d amplifier of 1800w which I received with all the mosfets (irfz44n) of PS and output (irf3710) burned and replaced them when I turned it on I noticed that the ic (hip4080aip ) was damaged because when measuring the power of this was dropped it removed from the socket and the amplifier turned on good normal was replaced now the problem is that when the volume goes up it comes in protection and in the little that lasts working I reach to hear some capacitors non-polarized 10microfarad jingles and then goes into protection where I can find the error and to medium resistances, diodes, replace the lm388 and probe the capacitors with ESR and everything seems to be fine greetings friends I leave photo of the amplifier and the plate itself capacitors that sound are the rectangular blue great greetings

Attachments

• 20180625_225930.jpg
    20180625_225930.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 20180625_214038.jpg
    20180625_214038.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
hi

which type of JCpower amp...model?

do you push the volume up fast ? which gain do your am have? --> measured !
did you measure the voltage on pin 16? Because i find the datahseet and i just found the "undervoltage Protection".
so could that be that your psu is weak because of quick start up of volume?..

https://www.intersil.com/content/dam/Intersil/documents/hip4/hip4080a.pdf

chris

Last edited:
hello good morning thank you for answering Avtech23 is just the photo the resistance is there only that it is pointing up and Cherman the model is t1800 the volume I upload it little by little this because of fear of damaging the hip4080 since where I live is expensive but the volume goes up little by little I believe in that pin (16) I managed to measure 12.7v so my despair measured the capacitance of the unpolarized capacitors and they turned out to be well equal resistances in the comparators I have 60v of each source all the irfz44n are new

Chermann I apologize I have been a little busy and disoriented is class D model t18001 of the jcpower brand and the volume is slow until I only see how it protects and go 2 times I change the hip4080 order but I am waiting for them to arrive I will review the PSU

Chermann I apologize I have been a little busy and disoriented is class D model t18001 of the jcpower brand and the volume is slow until I only see how it protects and go 2 times I change the hip4080 order but I am waiting for them to arrive I will review the PSU

no need to apologize...

if you want to check a component e.g. resistor or diode.
first desolder 1 pin and measure it with DMM. then you can be sure if its working or not.

i try to find some posts or diagramms in the net
...strange i cannot find something....maybe from the office not possible;):)
my porposal is to :
* try to use a different psu
* search here in the car audio forum...

chris

good only to comment that the problem has been solved ... in the end it was the mosfet output to the irf3710z I could not get good quality here in my country but I got the irf1310n and the amplifier works perfectly even it works without heating and gives good power only I do not know if it will be stable again at 1 ohm but if someone could guide me as to know if it can be stable or not at 1 ohm I would thank it thanks to the people who supported me greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.