Which one? FX1002, FX802D, Alientek D8, others?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't recommend using a switching supply directly - when I've done that I've ended up disappointed by the bass. I use a switching supply followed by a single pass transistor regulator (similar to a cap multiplier but with the cap replaced by a zener element). To do this calls for a slightly higher voltage supply as the transistor drops a couple of volts - I'd look for a 36V supply.

Hello,

I'm interested to test a FDA around 100€.
Did you have any recommendation to buy ?

Thank you in advance

It depends on what you want from FDA...

I had a Class-D FX502S and FDA D8; to me FX502S sound quality slightly better, however if using digital source, it will be process by Op-Amp & DAC, which bring signal adulteration - something i would avoid.

So I used D8 more due my sources are mainly digital; I am sold on D8's built-in high quality jitter-corrected on both spdif optical/Coax & Xmos USB. However beware D8 analog-input is noisy due to onboard SMPS. It lacks bluetooth, which I dont really care (even Aptx-HD is lossy anyway).

Last edited:
Thank you. So i will go with the FX502S PRO. And perphaps change the default AOP by something else. I have a nice stock of aop in my stash. Hope I will have no needs to buy some new :D

thx

A few attempted top-of-line AOP of LME49860, 49720 on FX502SPro, jigglebones, seems like 49860 could be a good choice.

I am contemplating using LM4562NA, which is supposed to be exactly same family and specification of LME49860, 49720 (much lower cost before it gained fame & price shot-up).

However I have not, as I am on D8 & kept away FX502SPro for time being, if you are giving LM4562NA a try, do help to report back your findings :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.