Anaview AMS0100-2300 - What next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks.

As most of you I've been running several amps in the past.
Including Hypex UCDs, Anaview ALC series, 1st gen IcePower ASX, low level T-AMPS asf.

I settled quite a while ago on the IMO excellent Anaview AMS0100-2300 modules.
Performance is excellent and price/performance ratio is IMO even better.

As usual. There might be better ones out there.

I did some screening and looked at Sure, ICEPower, LC-Audio, NewClassd, TopLevel Hypex, asf modules. Stuff that's discussed here and there.

The problem. After all that reading, I wouldn't be able to tell what to go for after my screening exercise.

I'm wondering if anybody went a similar road and can share some experience about alternative solutions to my Anaview modules.

Thx.

tpa 3250 fxaudio

Hi Chris
i changed the opamps to lme 49720 and after many different PSUs
(linear, regulated and unregulated) i stayed with a connexelectronic
switchingsupply.
My speakers are fieldcoils with a sensivity of 98dB/Watt.
But with speakers with 90dB the fxaudio works very good.
We also tried with Quad electrostatic speakers.

Hi,
the 3251 is from 3e audio and the 3255 is a china clone.
The china clone with mundorf mlytic caps and lme49720 was better sounding than the
3251 from 3e with only opamp mod.
So not a really fair competition.
But the fx was the sweetest sounding without any dynamic and textural fault.

Ok thanks !!

Now I have the 3251 from 3e-audio and I am very satisfied.

On the other hand, the Sure 2x400w (t-amp Gremlin) is more detailed and more depth in the image, with an new caps MKP Obbligato Copper on entry. It is a question of taste because the TPA3251 is very musical with a level of detail and dynamic very appreciable.

Last edited:
Hi krautxyz,

not yet. I prefer the opa1642 (41) to lme47920 (47910).

I have a DAC ak4495, a preamp dcb1 hot road (from pjr3s) and fullranges tuberculosis mode fast. for woofers basses, I have a filter electronic and amplifier class AB.

I find the 3251 3rd-audio more musical that does amp Gremlin. However it lack a bit of transparency had probably the OP JRC and caps input. But stock I find the value for money excellent. sound is soft and detailed with a good dynamic and a good reserve power, perfect for speakers less effective course :)

Thx for the feedback so far.

The Anaview modules I'm currently running are known to sound very clean, very detailed and neutral. And that reflects also my experience.
One obvious reason for it is the lack of input stage (lack of opamps ;) ) and/or coupling caps.
If your DAC and amp matches properly it probably can't get better than that.
I did swap the rectifier as a fellow forum member suggested some time back.
Bottom line. It's not that I'm unhappy with that amp.

Currently I'm looking into ICEpower gear.

Profusion is selling the ICEmatch series.
A potential solution could be an ICEpower400SM and 2 ICEpower80AM2 in BTL.
I'll do a bit more research to see if such a setup would be a serious competition to my setup.
I do have some Adam speakers with ICEpower inside. And these speakers IMO sound awesome clean, detailed and neutral.

Hi Chris
i changed the opamps to lme 49720 and after many different PSUs
(linear, regulated and unregulated) i stayed with a connexelectronic
switchingsupply.
My speakers are fieldcoils with a sensivity of 98dB/Watt.
But with speakers with 90dB the fxaudio works very good.
We also tried with Quad electrostatic speakers.
Hi Krautxy,
I use Allo Katana player with alternatively Quad 22L or Rogers LS/5a speakers.
My amp: Luxman M12 too old now and not that good for LS 3/5.

I'm looking for a compact finished low price Class D solution: which exact model of connexelectronic SPS did you use with the FX ?
Was highly interested in Klaus praised Anaview AMS 0100-3200 but these can't be found anymore (lautsprechershop did sell the last ones).

I had an Icepower 125ASX2 and FX-502SPro to compare with Topping D30. Icepower was winning all around. However D30 is not a musical DAC, and it comes out that everything is lost at the source.

With Nobsound 8x TDA1387 DAC situation is changing. I found myself surprised of listening to music more with FX than the Icepower. Unlike D30, the Nobsound DAC is not playing fools with harmonics and now my all musical experience is changing, rediscovering my entire library. With this music source, FX amp show its strenght, it seems is reproducing music more accurate than the Icepower. It gives less clean sound, there are imperfections, even artifacts at times, but it doesn't matter, the essence of music is there. My FX is not modded yet, it is even unopened. As others pointed out, FX needs basic modding. I must get my opamps as soon as possible!

I had an Icepower 125ASX2 and FX-502SPro to compare with Topping D30. Icepower was winning all around. However D30 is not a musical DAC, and it comes out that everything is lost at the source.

With Nobsound 8x TDA1387 DAC situation is changing. I found myself surprised of listening to music more with FX than the Icepower. Unlike D30, the Nobsound DAC is not playing fools with harmonics and now my all musical experience is changing, rediscovering my entire library. With this music source, FX amp show its strenght, it seems is reproducing music more accurate than the Icepower. It gives less clean sound, there are imperfections, even artifacts at times, but it doesn't matter, the essence of music is there. My FX is not modded yet, it is even unopened. As others pointed out, FX needs basic modding. I must get my opamps as soon as possible!
Hi Sajunky,
Did you use the stock power supply with FX ?

The original FX didn't give 4A juice from the beginning, it was constantly complaining (red light) when increasing volume. It died during the first 5 hours. Not much I have to say...

I use Mean Well S-100-24 (100W/4.5A). This is an old one, but according to the spec sheet, it gives less noise than the current model. It has enough power, it has never triggered internal protection. The amp also works more stable, previously it could lock up when increasing the volume, now my speakers complain first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.